Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday//How can I be mindful when I have a mindFULL//Tues. 20 March. 7pm - 9pm AEDT

Re: Topic Tuesday//How can I be mindful when I have a mindFULL//Tues. 20 March. 7pm - 9pm AEDT

Hi @NameUnknown - it is funny how this word that surrounds such a useful tool, can also bring up the feelings of actually feeling that the mind IS FULL. Hopefully tonight brings some helpful approaches to work with that fullness Smiley Happy 

Thanks for this input @Former-Member - I think the line you have said here about 'doing it to the best of my ability' is so key! 

Hi @Lauz
Mindfulness means doing something like listening to birds on a tree and just listening to thst snd nothing else. Being in the moment.

I have noticed recently that when the depression really has a hold of me, that I can't hold all the information to complete  a task in my mind. As if my mind is already too full of sad to be able to hold anything more at that time. 

Hi @Lauz@Shaz51@Phoenix_Rising

There is "mindful eating", which I've not been good at.

Right now I am mindful that I cannot eat, due to having a wisdom tooth extracted (Dentist) 3 hours ago.

My mouth is still numb, starting to feel pain.

I'm trying to mindfully place my focus onto something (anything) else...

Adge

@Lauz i hope so but i not sure how much i will actually be on for at the hospital with my mr 5

Thank you @Lauz, injury and reality collided a few years ago and I had to reassess what my actual abilities were.

sort of funny story now, not so funny when i was going through it. (Like tonight, pain means there will be fewer capital letters at the beginning of sentences) Robot Frustrated

have a great chat guys, im not really up for it tonight but will check in and have a read when i can Heart 

Hi @BlueBay, these activities are beautiful mindful ones! Being in the moment!

@Former-Member I completely get that, and I am hoping tonight as we discuss and support that we can find ways to invite that already full mind to any activity that brings us to the present. 

@Adge ouch! sorry about those wisdom tooth! We will have to find you a less toothy mindful activity Smiley Wink

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance