Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // How being a carer changes once your loved one turns 18 // 26 Sep, 7pm AEST

My daughter is 15 and diagnosed bipolar and social anxiety.

I think I'm here for the long haul 😞 

Re: Topic Tuesday // How being a carer changes once your loved one turns 18 // 26 Sep, 7pm AEST

Welcome @YTT

My eldest daughter has turned 19 and moved into adult mental health. The change over was ok st first because her psychologist was great at ‘keeping me in the loop’ because she used me as a resource as well. Now that she has a new psychologist and psychiatrist I am much less involved.

She has bipolar, complex ptsd, generalized anxiety disorder and severe social anxiety

I think that's a common experience @KS2809 - it's a big shift. I hope tonight is helpful for you.

Hello @NikNik, @YTT Smiley Happy

I am a step mum of 4 children who are adults now inbetween 25 - 30 yrs and I am here to learn more and to share with others

and each child has different levels of Mi

My daughter is under the care of ICHAMS and I have next to no imput or feedback from her psychologist who she sees weekly. It's actually a sore point with me, my daughter is getting excellent care though, even if it is one sided...

Always great to see you @Shaz51

Hi @lovemyboys @KS2809 @Shaz51 @YTT @NikNik,

I was really interested in this Topic Tuesday so I'm going to be around too. Looking forward to hearing your perspectives and experiences! Heart

Lauz

Hi all,

I am from Mental Health Carers NSW and we support and advocate for all mental health carers across NSW.

We know that the law imposes changes on the amount of input parent carers can have, with a young person being nconsukted from age 14 in many cases and even able to make decisions about care in some cases from 16, but they may or may not be ready to cope with such resoinsibility and many people benefits from family and carer support at all ages.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance