Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Hearing Voices // Tues 15 May, 7pm AEST

Yeah Georgie, it definitely wasn't helpful. Mind you it was on a medical ward, not an excuse though. I felt very disregarded, unheard and labelled - needless to say, my voices had a field day!

way to go @lanae976!

Hey guys! It's that time of the night where we have to wrap up. How wonderful to have so many people come and share their experiences tonight. Thank you so much @Georgie_Paulik for your insight - I'll pass over to you to close us out for the evening! 

Throughout tonight’s discussion we have gathered some really great strategies, particularly around combating isolation and your triggers. Further strategies for coping can vary from distraction based, to physical stimulation or relaxation, through to limit setting with your voices or positive self-talk.

I have listed some places you can find some more strategies below:

I thank you all so much for joining me tonight (and for putting up with my terrible spelling!). Thank you for sharing your personal stories and lending insights to help each other. Peer support is so important – so I encourage people to come join more of these great forums and if you are able to, to attend a Hearing Voices Network support group. Finally, if you hear distressing voices and you feel you could benefit from some individual therapy (and live in WA) call Perth Voices Clinic on 0477 453 264. I wish you all the very best. Georgie

Amazing as always Georgie! Thankyou for your time tonight. We are lucky to have someone like you fighting the myths about hearing voices and educating them and supporting us!!!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance