Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Finding community: Feeling belonging and connection // Tuesday 7th December, 7:00- 8:30PM AEDT

Question 1: What does Community mean to you?

I guess for me in it’s essence; it’s a group of people (big or small) coming together for a common purpose / theme / cause or activity.
It’s a space where ideas or opinions can be shared, or a coming together to take part in a shared activity. 

I also feel that it’s also about recognising that everyone has a valued part to play in a group and that each has an opportunity to be able to find that part & contribute in some way.

In short - Somewhere people can be seen, heard and valued.

What does it mean to you, who are here with us tonight?

Re: Topic Tuesday // Finding community: Feeling belonging and connection // Tuesday 7th December, 7:00- 8:30PM AEDT

So true @Shaz51 🙂 I'm interested to hear your experiences of finding connection and belonging in community

Community means meaningful connection with others. Such connections provide support, nurturing, stability, assist in maintaining feelings of self-worth and more

@flybluebird wrote:

In short - Somewhere people can be seen, heard and valued.

I think this sums it up beautifully, @flybluebird.

Supportive, I think of community I think of the Sane Community. Kind, caring group of people.

"In short - Somewhere people can be seen, heard and valued." 

I really love this summary @flybluebird and what you mentioned about every person bringing value to a community. I think the diversity of experience is something that makes communities strong, and also where that connection and belonging comes in. 

@Daisydreamer @flybluebird community to me means a safe space where i dont have to hide or be expected to explain why I'm different. Just accepted as I am with all my weirdness and differences in perspective of the world. A safe space where because of acceptance I can be honest especially to myself about how much I struggle just to look like im normal and have no expectations put on me to be quote "Normal"

@HenryX wrote:

Community means meaningful connection with others. Such connections provide support, nurturing, stability, assist in maintaining feelings of self-worth and more

Meaningful connection is so important isn't it @HenryX? Completely agree

Yes I agree @greenpea , @still_bookish , @HenryX , @flybluebird , @Daisydreamer 

Yes having that first connection to the Sane Forum made all the difference 

@greenpea wrote:

Supportive, I think of community I think of the Sane Community. Kind, caring group of people.

Heart @greenpea, it's a really special place, and you are also one of those kind, caring people who help make this space supportive and welcoming Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance