Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Daisydreamer
Senior Contributor

Topic Tuesday // Finding community: Feeling belonging and connection // Tuesday 7th December, 7:00- 8:30PM AEDT

Hi there SANE Forums Community, 

This fortnight we invite you to join in a discussion about communities and the places where you feel connection and belonging. For many of us, finding community and people that we feel connected with can be a journey, and SANE Peer Support Worker @flybluebird will be joining us to share her experience of finding like minded people, and places she feels most connected. 

Every person's experience of community is unique, and the path to finding belonging and connection can take many twists and turns. We would love to hear your experience of finding community, and your advice to others who may still be searching for places they feel they can be their authentic selves. 

Finding community Feeling belonging and connection.png

The role of community, connection and belonging in recovery

A big part of recovery for many people is finding spaces where we can be our authentic selves. Finding connection with others who share similar values, interests or experiences can help us to feel a sense of belonging, and reduce feelings of isolation. 

For so many of us living with mental health concerns, there are times in our recovery journey we might feel really alone. I know I certainly have at times. Finding our tribe and our people can help us in our recovery, as belonging to a community promotes our social wellbeing, and allows us to be seen and held for who we truly are. 

Join us to talk about the role of community, connection and belonging in your life, and how we can build up our dream communities. 

Please join the discussion here on Tuesday the 7th of December 2021 from 7:00pm-8:30pm AEST to follow this conversation. 

Want to know what time this event starts in your time zone? Check out the picture below: 

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 12.02.10 pm.png

Want to receive a reminder on the night? Hit the 'Support' button below and we will tag you 30 minutes before the event starts. 

New to the forums or want to get involved in this discussion? Check out the How To Guide for Topic Tuesdays.

159 REPLIES 159

Re: Topic Tuesday // Finding community: Feeling belonging and connection // Tuesday 7th December, 7:00- 8:30PM AEDT

I'm very excited to be part of this discussion and hear from all of you who'd like to join in. Heart

Re: Topic Tuesday // Finding community: Feeling belonging and connection // Tuesday 7th December, 7:00- 8:30PM AEDT

Hey Folks!
I’m gearing up for tonight’s discussion around Finding community - Feeling belonging & Connection.
I am by no means an ‘expert’ but it's an area I'm really passionate about.
I have helped set up community groups over the years and also found various communities for myself which have really shaped some personal discoveries and created meaningful connections.

That which has without a doubt filtered into different areas of my own recovery and my overall wellbeing and journey of MH.

I’m really excited to hear from your own experiences and be able to dive into the discussion with you tonight.

Thought I’d tag those of you who have supported the original post as well as some others who might like to join us for the live group conversation.

@chibam @Emelia8 @Rosemary4 @lovec @Mystickate @eth @Clawde @BPDSurvivor @wellwellwellnez @still_bookish @nony @Zoe7 @EssJay @HenryX @Flying_Hams @greenpea @Anastasia @TAB @Former-Member @Tinker67 @wild_rose @Rhye @cloudcore @Paperdaisy @TideisTurning @Daisydreamer @Judi9877 @AussieRecharger @outlander 
No obligations, but welcome for all!

Catch you later tonight! Smiley Happy

Hi everyone 🙂 

We are excited to welcome you all to our Topic Tuesday tonight. We will be getting started in 30 minutes time and hope to see you here. 

Tagging all members who supported posts in this discussion so far:

@HenryX @EssJay @wellwellwellnez @Flying_Hams @Anastasia @wild_rose @Rosemary4 @Emelia8 @eth @Mystickate @still_bookish @nony @Zoe7 @lovec @chibam @Rhye @cloudcore @Paperdaisy @flybluebird 

Tagging members online who might be interested to join us as well 🙂 @BlueBay @Bow @CapnWannabe @Dimity @Emelia8 @Eve7 @Gwynn @Former-Member @Shaz51 @StuF @TAB @Tinker67 @greenpea @outlander @wild_rose 

Welcome everyone to our Topic Tuesday tonight talking with our amazing peer support worker @flybluebird about Finding community, connection and belonging.

As @flybluebird mentioned in an earlier post, we are excited to hear your thoughts and experiences of community, connection and belonging, and invite you to share your ideas for each question 🙂 

Before we get started, I would love to hear from you what you are most interested to discuss tonight 

I can see we already have a few members following along, welcome @HenryX @Emelia8 @BlueBay @outlander @greenpea 🙂 Great to see you here tonight!

Sorry @Daisydreamer  cant stay 

I need to go 

not good atm

Life is just too hard 

I'm really sorry 

Hi @BlueBay
Not a problem at all, and I really appreciate you letting us know what you need right now Heart You are always welcome to check back in at a later date and read back through. Take care tonight Heart

Hello All,

While we may look at the obvious entry points to engaging with and involvement in community, I would also like to have considered 'barriers' to engagement with involvement in community and methods of overcoming barriers.

Cheers, @HenryX 

Welcome @HenryX, fanstastic points that we will definitely talk about in more depth tonight. I look forward to hearing your thoughts 🙂 

We might start the discussion by inviting @flybluebird to introduce herself! You may have seen @flybluebird around the forums in the Peer Support role. Please join me in welcoming her as the guest for this evening 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance