Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Comfort in chaos: Looking after yourself and others during challenging times // Tues 30th June, 7-8.30pm AEST

@Jupiter - scared, overwhelmed and insecure 

Re: Topic Tuesday // Comfort in chaos: Looking after yourself and others during challenging times // Tues 30th June, 7-8.30pm AEST

@Jupiter @nashy @NatureLover @Adge @Maggie @Shaz51 @NatureLover @Cansydipper1

I feel like the overwhelming thing has been the constant news which is a roller coaster of both good and bad news as we step back and forward with the restrictions.

There are a lot of very strong feelings being shared here which really demonstrates the impact these times have had on us collectively.

In this time we have all had to find ways to adapt to a changing world. What have you found most challenging about navigating this time? For some it may be an increase in mental health symptoms, less access to usual supports, social isolation, less access to usual self-care activities...

Welcome @Judi9877 thanks for sharing Smiley Happy

I love all your bird photos @Adge - pets can provide such a wonderful source of comfort! Is that a finch in your profile pic?

Definitely social isolation. I couldn't wait when I got called into work. Been at home all the time I had to break habits of lying on the couch all day to trying to find new hobbies to fill in my time.

I have found my zoom meetings a life line as I get to talk with the outside world. 

@Jupiter @nashy @jem80 @Fluttershy1 @Adge @Maggie @Snowie @NatureLover @Everan @Shaz51 @Judi9877 and everyone following along, for me my anxiety has been through the roof. Routine is one of my go to coping strategies and the upheaval and rate of change has been unsettling to put it mildly. I have been worried for people close to me who suddenly found themselves out of work, and older family members who would be really vulnerable if they caught the virus. I actually feel a lot of grief. Layers of grief. I felt that during and after the fires over summer, and I feel it for vulnerable people everywhere during the pandemic. I am still trying to process yet more evidence of horrible racism at the moment. So much to process.

I've been worried about my mum as she also has a lived experience with mental ill health and her anxiety has gone the the roof so I have been keeping in check with her.

Hi @Jupiter  For me being here in Melbourne, the hardest parts have been the very harsh restrictions that were put in place initially compared to other states and territories. Also, the fact that supermarkets had to limit certain foods/groceries due to people stockpiling the items and having to line up at 6am on certain days just to have special times to shop to get items that I needed. I have also struggled with the libraries being shut as I like to go there to read and relax in a safe place.

yes @jem80@frog@Jupiter 

For my Husband ------    an increase in mental health symptoms,  social isolation, less access to usual self-care activities, worrying about our work, income, our Adult children 

For Me -----   social isolation, less access to usual self-care activities, worrying about our work, our adult children , income,, My very  frail unwell mum and my own physical problems 

@frog 

I have made a new routine and when I'm not happy with it I keep changing it until I get something I'm satisfied with. Still working on it.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance