Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Comfort in chaos: Looking after yourself and others during challenging times // Tues 30th June, 7-8.30pm AEST

yes @Jupiter@frog@jem80 

I liked being at home too @NatureLover Smiley Happy

my husband love being at home but his mind would overthink all day Smiley Sad

Re: Topic Tuesday // Comfort in chaos: Looking after yourself and others during challenging times // Tues 30th June, 7-8.30pm AEST

My little dog is a huge source of comfort. Through it all, she is always reliable, dependable and solid. 

@Shaz51 

Thats a lot to take on. Is there anything that you have been able to continue during COVID to help with your self care?

what are some small things that help you regain a sense of control or feeling of comfort?

ammm @Jupiter@frog@jem80 

1)  social interaction on the forum 

2) gardening 

3) decluttering 

4) arts and crafts

5) cooking 

@Jupiter @nashy @jem80 @Candydipper1 @Adge @Maggie @Snowie @NatureLover @Everan @Shaz51 @Judi9877 and everyone here

I have doubled down on things that are within my control: meditation, stretching and yoga at home, maintaining what routine I can. I have felt a lot of tension around news and social media because part of me wants to know what’s going on, but then I’m scared, angry and devastated when I find out.

The forum has been a comfort too. There are always people around who are familiar to me, and always good ideas re self care.

Check out Toolbox , Coping-BoxWhat's-in-your-tool-box  for more.

@Jupiter wrote:

It seems like there is a lot we CAN'T do at the moment. Maybe we can talk about things we CAN do?

When there is a lot of chaos happening in the world it can leave us with a sense that things are out of control. This can be hugely anxiety provoking. I wonder, what are some small things that help you regain a sense of control or feeling of comfort?

I am talking to family members and friends most days, by various methods of communication. That's comforting, and within my control. I'm also limiting how much news I listen to - just the essentials only. 

I don't like being at home - because I am at home virtually all the time (past few weeks). @Jupiter @Shaz51

I live alone, so there is no conversation (or company here).

The only phone calls are nuisance phone calls - from Telemarketers & Scammers (I get both).

Doing small Tasks & maintenance stuff, one bit at a time - has given me some sense of achievement.

eg Cleaning 2 Aircon Filters (long overdue).

- Climbing into Roof to Renew Rat Baiting - to find that the Rats are Super-intelligent, & had not touched or eaten any of the Bait - despite their Womping (dancing) in the Roof every night...

Adge

that is a good point my friend @jem80 

I do need to do more  self care for me 

@Jupiter 

For me it's about trying keep my routine going. I have found that I'm eating better although I need to do some more rigorous exercise.

Having zoom meetings replace face to face, whilst not the same there is some form of contact so I don't feel as alone.

Creating new hobbies helps.

@Jupiter 

Some small things I do is take the dog for walks, try to avoid the news and practice more mindfullness.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance