Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Comfort in chaos: Looking after yourself and others during challenging times // Tues 30th June, 7-8.30pm AEST

Hey @Jupiter 

I would say triggered, flashbacks, unsettled

Re: Topic Tuesday // Comfort in chaos: Looking after yourself and others during challenging times // Tues 30th June, 7-8.30pm AEST

Thanks everyone for sharing. 

@Adge I think that metaphor of feeling like you are in quicksand and not having stable footing is one a lot of people can relate to. There is so much uncertainty right now...

@Shaz51 @NatureLover 

I see grateful coming up a bit too. For me, this time reminds me that I am lucky with some of the things I have that others may not.

@Fluttershy1 that feeling of being trapped inside is very scary Smiley Sad

I'm hearing a lot of overwhelm in the room too.

Anxious, fearful, hopeful.

Thanks @Jupiter @frog @NatureLover

It's been 7 years since I was last without a job.

I'm now in my 50's, haven't kept up with the new techno computer stuff.

Just cannot compete Re: Fancy Job Applications.

I have extensive work experience in several different fields - Yet I never "Sell Myself" at all, I'm not Competitive or Pushy.

So I am frequently overlooked...

Adge

@Adge 

Sorry to hear about your job. I know how tough it can be I was made redundant because I couldn't work close to full time hours.

That sounds really tough, @Adge  😞

Hey @Snowie and @Maggie Smiley Happy

Hi @Jupiter @jem80 @nashy @Adge @frog @Fluttershy1 and all those here! Just remembered this was on and want to join in.
My 3 words to describe the current situation and events would be - restricted, chaotic, scared

Hi @Jupiter  and everyone 👋👋

I recently added some very colourful Birds to my collection - they are so Bright & very Chirpy.

They give me some joy & comfort.

2 Fischer's Lovebirds & 2 Peachfaced Lovebirds (parrots).

Adge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance