Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday// Burn Out // Tues. 23 Jan. 7pm - 9pm AEDT

Thanks @NikNik.  I've got to go now - take care everyone and see you around the forums ❤️

thank you @NikNik and everyone for a very interesting night

and please join us in the forum anytime , anywhere in the threads xx

Thanks so much @NikNik ...... it was good to touch base with everyone and see how we are all travelling with a scale to relate to.

Having to the scale is also a wake-up call cos we are clearly just accepting the exist nice of burnout symptoms in our lives in a pragmatic way ....,, but perhaps focusing on the fact that burnout is accumulative, endeavouring to match it with accumulative self-care and support systems is a good goal for each of us to individualise within our own circumstances.

@Shaz51 ...., let’s see how much of tonight’s tips and advice we can transfer into the Carer’s Hints and Tips thread in the coming days (sorry .... not sure I have got the title of that thread quite right ).

Learning to steer away from the burnout drop-off is something I have picked up here on the forums, through others helping to advise and support me. We make a decent catcher’s net I think ..... and I am pleased to be a part of it now.

Hi @Billy and welcome to the forums. I am glad chimed in tonight. Hope to see some more of you ..... 👋

Well, I have just landed three hours forward in this time zone, so heading for Bed Island. Will catch up with some missed posts from there.

Hi Peoples. I'm hopping in late if anyone's still about. 

Have skimmed part of the thread. Ermmm.... I'm probably sitting somewhere in the 4 to 5 range at the moment. I'm seeing a psychologist once a month or so, and was caught out by being a bit teary today. Feeling very overwhelmed by all that needs doing.

S'funny. Something that stops me going away for a holiday is that there's so much extra organising to do so that it can happen, and it feels like too much on top of the day to day necessaries. And also a holiday needs planning, and too often plans have been thrown out the window by a last minute crisis. I often end up leaving plans to the last minute, because by then the chance of a crisis is reducing. 

We will be going away to a church family camp in a couple of weeks. I'm hoping it will be a "holiday". Our MI daughter is going too, and I'm concerned that we'll be more "on call" than usual. She does't live with us. Usually if she needs support day to day, it's over the phone. My hubby suggested that maybe others at the camp willl be willing to give her some backup so that its not just us. Will wait and see.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance