Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Special Online Event // Breaking the stigma of mental illness// Thurs 18 Oct, 9 30pm

@s-jayI took away that there is a very thin line between who had a mental illness and who doesn't, to the point where besides one person, the experts got it wrong. Also with the right therapy and right help, people with a MI can acheive anything they want. They are not defined by their MI.

Re: Special Online Event // Breaking the stigma of mental illness// Thurs 18 Oct, 9 30pm

I think the longest we have gone without talking is less than 72 hours. We have continually been in touch. It is just amazing.

Yes cameron I think they said you were the gold star performer of the tests. Sounds like it was a really powerful experience for you in lots of ways. Great to hear the cast bonded so well, you would need that in such a strange environment of a TV show!

So true Snowy - there is virtually no line at all!

I liked the focus on recovery too - it really showed how amazing people are with the right support

I agree with @Snowie on everything she brought away from the show.

I watched the show because I have worked with a MH organisation that promote personal testimonies and I support lived experience. I've come to the forum for the same reasons as I have lived experience myself

Something that needs to be said though is that there isn't a moment that passes where we don't have Andy in our thoughts.

He tragically died a short while ago of natural causes and it was a shock loss for us all to deal with. His family was very supportive in keeping him in the show and it certainly is hard for us to watch.

Welcome @Claired! So glad you found us!

Agree - it was hard for the panel

That would have been so hard to deal with @cameron and so sorry for the loss Smiley Sad

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance