Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Healthy Minds Webcast Series // NDIS info session// LIVE NOW

I just wonder though what happens with continuity of care... I would hate to have to retell my "story" each time...

Hi @Ben_BreakThru, @NikNik, ah ha I see now

Hi @Lulu1
I don't really have visibility on this - but let's move it back on track to questions in the context of the night.

Hi @Shaz51,

What challenges have you faced in this regard?

@whatnow
I think the intention of having a 'plan' is that it's one document that is consistent across all services you use.

Hopefully this will prevent the need to retell your story over and over again. @Ben_BreakThru - do you have any thoughts on this?

Hi @Ben_BreakThru,

Does the NDIS support if you're trying to manage 'daily activities' as best you can, but need assistance with guidance, contacts & strategies in relation to motivation & seeing the 'forest for the trees' in respect to decisions which when well are routine, but when unwell are overwhelming.

I find that currently I'm being a bit (over counselled) and am getting confused as to which 'directions' to follow - I am unwell & am trying to keep up with everything everyone is asking of me & they seem to be happy with progress, but ...

Sorry if this appears elsewhere (am still a newbie).  My concern is that should mind matters escalate, that each time a new worker would be appointed once the NDIS becomes available.  I am concerned that there would be limited scope for continuity of care.  I don't want to have to rehash my "story" each time....

Hi @whatnow

One of the principles of the NDIS is to tell your story 'only once'. It certainly helps if you have an idea of a service provider early on who might act as Support Coordinator for your NDIS plan. A provider can attend the NDIS planning meeting with you and help you to 'unpack' your support needs so that you get the plan that actually reflects your support needs. This will also ensure the provider is there when you tell your story.

You are also within your rights to not show your plan to anyone you do not wish to. However, it does help providers understand your goals and aspirations if you do decide to share it with them.

I know it can be frustrating to tell your story multiple times!!

Hi @Ben_BreakThru

the challenges have you faced in this regard is that we are self-employed

but with my Husband Meantal illness and my physcal illnesses , we have had to cut way back on our workload

But according to NDIS , we don`t need support of any kind

Hi @Lisa_M

Well it does depend on you demonstrating this support need during your planning with the NDIS. It certainly helps that you are looking at it in terms of 'strategies' becasue the NDIS planner will be looking at how your supports now will help you be more indepedent in the long term. It sounds as though the Support Coordinator role would be vital for you - this role is there to help take a broad look at supports and work in partnership with you on achieving your goals - including liaising with other providers.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance