Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

NikNik
Senior Contributor

Changing Minds - The inside story: Going inside the wards of Liverpool Hospital

Hi everyone,

Is anyone planning on watching 'Changing Minds - The inside story: Going inside the wards of Liverpool Hospital' on the ABC as part of 'Mental As...' tonight? It's on at 8:30pm tonight & I believe it goes for the rest of the week.

Feel free to contribute any thoughts to this thread if you're tuning in.

Nik

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Changing Minds - The inside story: Going inside the wards of Liverpool Hospital

Hard viewing but worth viewing. Thank you to all of the consumers, carers and staff who agreed to share their stories..heroic to share, as sometimes I imagine the staff may cringe...I have admiration for the wonderful consumers who stand up for themselves even when unwell. Maintaining dignity in such difficult circumstances..on camera..

Re: Changing Minds - The inside story: Going inside the wards of Liverpool Hospital

Couldn't have said it better myself

Sandy, just finished watching that doco, having been in a similar situation, numerous times, it was a bit confronting, a few bad memories but by far a lot of good one. I met such a lot of very sick people and watched their progression back to what they were prior to their illness. On the whole , if I may, I echo you words the staff in these places are dedicated, hard when needed to be but are angels when they are really needed.

Hey Loopy, I am looking forward to tomorrow night's episode. I am so glad to see the multiple view points being shown, and seeing people progress is the best bit. And also standing up to authority, it's a right to ask on what basis are you being held etc..great to see also carers being interviewed too..

So sorry to have missed it. (too busy caring !!!!!!). Does anyone know if the programme will be released on DVD in the ABC bookshops?

Not sure but will definitely be on ivew..

Jo, I will contact my source in the ABC and see what is going to happen with it if you wish,

regards.

Loopy

Thank you so much! I'd love to know. I'm very limited with my use of the internet so to watch the 3 episodes on my computer is out of the question. Thanks again  . 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance