Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

-

-

7 REPLIES 7
hiddenite
Senior Contributor

Re: Medication for anxiety?

Hi Seuss

I'm on a SSRI and three different anti anxiety meds, supposed to help sleep but doesn't do that either hasn't made any difference to the symptoms. But that's just me.... Too broken to be fixed.....No confusion certainly hasn't gone. Just alone scared and unwell.

Keep going with the mindfulness, distract, break the day into hours or smaller. I keep a note book of all my grounding , posative affirmations, mindfulness, distractions. So they are there when you need it most.

Take care....

Alessandra1992
Senior Contributor

Look at you @hiddenite! You're bringing your expertise to your peers! Caring for others and giving hope...
@Seuss, I found anti anxiety meds have me anxiety..have used anti depressants that have helped when I needed them...peer support worked better, learning skills from my peers...but as with all things, there is the dilemma of what's best for you? Who's evidence or advice will you be willing to listen to? What are the risks vs potential benefits? Meds can be extremely beneficial at times, but it is very individual...hugs to you both..
Former-Member
Not applicable

-

-

Alessandra1992
Senior Contributor

Sorry @Seuss, yes that was a typo. The anxiety meds gave me anxiety, so found that anti depressants worked..harder to unlearn stress response that had become very automatic..but good news, panic attack..haven't had one in years despite times of high stress..
Still working on emotional regulation..breathe deeply and walk tall..ha on the days where I am waddling like a duck and dog tired, it helps to breathe deeply..:)

Also, some friends swear HRT has stopped their anxiety ( for ladies of a certain age)
Former-Member
Not applicable

-

-

Alessandra1992
Senior Contributor

Hey @Former-Member I have used meds when I was in an acute phase..what a crappy phase that was but without meds at that time..I may not have been here now..I had some to knock me out at night..to stop my brain which would not stop..
Over time, I no longer use them but there have been periods when I have used them for extended periods like a year to get through patches of extended stress..in fact, I have been mulling over whether returning to meds for a few months might be very beneficial..
Still mulling it over...affordability for talking therapies is an issue, and work/life tensions means attending support groups not possible at this point...thank goodness for this forum..
peace
Senior Contributor

@Former-Member Anxiety and fear became so unbearable that I was prepared to do anything so I could live. Tried many types of therapy, inculding meditation and energy healing. I need medication at this point in my life. Still working out the right type and dose at this stage. It certainly is an individual thing.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance