Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

tiger
Casual Contributor

time is all i got

hey all. when i see that sane had a forum i was soooo pleased. there's not another. not that i know of anyway. 

we've all got a story to tell. of how we got to be on here. mines 44 years in the making. and still being made.

bipolar is my thing. + 1 other.

i doubt if i'm alone in some areas from the contents of my story. loss of money. loss of home. loss of wife... kids... cat !   jobs.. had sooo many jobs. 

it still feels like my wife (ex) has just nipped out to the shops. she'll be back. she's been gone 7 years.  

what does a man have left when everything has gone ? and then you get the diagnosis. 

do you (can you) just accept that this is your life story ? 

how many times have you rebuilt your life to only see it tumble down again. again. again. 

there is so much beauty in this world, that i f i had it, i'd ruin it. 

i'm ok. just tired. it's how it goes. how i go. isn't it. 

am i alone in this ? can i ask if anyone else has been in similar ? be great to hear from a female's point of view on this. 

~

3 REPLIES 3

Re: time is all i got

Hi tiger,

Welcome to the forums!

I don't think you're alone in this at all.

I don't think there is a limit on rebuilding your life. I don't think we ever really have to completely rebuild from scratch. There seems to be lessons we have learned and experiences we have, which make the rebuild easier - maybe they create the foundations to make the rebuild stronger (I'm really going with this metaphor!).

Welcome again to the forums. I'm sure there are other members who will share their thoughts. In the meantime, feel free to have a look around at other discussions & contribute to those.

Take care,
NikNik

Hi tiger, welcome to the forums.  

I've lost a lot of things over the years and for some reason I keep on getting up until the next event knocks me back down.  I was only diagnosed with biploar last year, and until that diagnosis I kept kicking myself and blaming myself for every single thing that happened in my life.  I still do but now I look upon myself with a little bit more understanding.  I've spent the last year rebuilding my life with my kids (who I almost lost) and setting about learning how to move forward and take control of my future.  

Do you have any contact with your kids.  Or the cat?  

There's a song - 'Time... is on my side' covered by The Stones and by Irma Thomas.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance