Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

Wowee @Sans911 lots of things to do tomorrow but a walk in the afternoon sounds nice. Hopefully the weather conditions are alright for walking tomorrow too.

I prefer cold.  Too hot for hot milo. 🤠

It should be OK. I'm off to bed/sleep lil Sis @outlander. Catch you tomorrow. Hugs

Goodnight sis @Sans911

You still awake @outlander?

@outlander@Sans911@Appleblossom@CheerBear@Teej

Hope you all have a better day tomorrow.  

Sorry @Zaphod i mustve fallen asleep

Todays been an emotional and physically painful day. But after the 10th attempt at recording the last assignment ive finally made one im ok with took a deep breath and submitted it. Fingers crossed its satisfactory!

Well done lil Sis @outlander. You did it!

@outlander wrote:

Thanks everyone for your support.

We ended up having 10 minutes to spare instead of half an hr because there was trackwork so it was quite stressful on the way there trying to get there before 10am.
I seen a lovely nurse to start with for just vitals, then back to the waiting room for a while. I was then able to speak to the anaethetist, got a bit scary and full on then, she asked heaps of questions as expected and explained everything but she was nice so that was helpful.
But....... we went from lets do a local and gas sedation which suited me fine.. to now ill be in a major hospital under full general anaethetist with the breathing tube. 😯😯😱😱😨😨 Apparently I am high risk for a lot of things so this is the safest way plus they have full facilities in case something goes wrong with other trained staff. They want to keep me overnight as well, so instead of being a day surgury in the dental hospital, I will be in the major hospital overnight. The new hospital is over 3 hrs away by train and about 4hrs by driving. It was advised to me that I stay in a hotel the night of and the night after im realeased to be sure im ok. So I need to book a hotel or something through airbnb for 3 nights (one the night before, one so family can stay the night while im there and then the night im released) and then went back out into the waiting room before being called into the dentist who explained a few more things and got consent forms organised for the new hospital etc.
so there was heaps of stuff to take in today and my brain is abit frazzled from all of that. i havent had any meltdowns yet but theres been lots and lots of breathing on the train (with music of course) and i also managed to get one of pops bills sorted out as well.

oh and it wont be happening in january.february now as its a 3-6 month wait but they are trying to get me in asap. the dental team from the hospital i went to today only works in the hospital twice a month so its abit of a longer wait. , i need to wait for the nursing unit manager to give me a ring to confirm dates but its looking like its a little later in the yr and dentist has said if i need to go to the gp to get antibiotics and stronger pain relief when i need it. 
@Sans911@Snowie@Appleblossom@Teej@CheerBear@eth@Mazarita@Owlunarand im sure theres others ive missed who have asked.... my apologies to all whom ive missed.

Hi @outlander

I haven't been in for a few days so I put the post up in a quote to make it plain - you have this worked out for yourself and hopefully your family will be helpful too after all of this you are doing to make the whole thing better and safer - welll done

The GA - I am scared of that too - I told the anasthetist about my fears and he was understanding and - that is over a year ago now - when I had my knee operated on - I can tell you about it - or rather can't

Cause I was scared I was making jokes about everyone in that big theatre being there for me and what a big room that was and how many people were there - just for me - and they put a canula into my arm and I remember talking to the anaethetist and then I was in recovery - it was like nothing happened except my knee felt so sore but they gave me painkillers through the canula 

I can't tell you anything else because as someone said - they gave me something so I would forget and I did forget and thinking about it - remembering something is the hard part

You are having a big deal with your teeth - much better to have it done in hospital - my daughter and grand-daughter both had their wisdom teeth out in hospital - and sure it is a pity you have to wait so long - but that's the public system - at least I think that's so in your case

I am glad you wrote so much for us to read and get the idea about -- not fun at all having teeth done - but it's too early to worry yet I guess - 

Thinking about you

Dec

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance