Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: not coping

my work has been pretty good. i manage some amazing staff members and i do have a good boss as well but theres only so much flexibility when it comes to managing things that involve disabilities as well. i dont and cant really afford to keep having days off because i have to try and manage severe pain or im to sick to come into work. its really unpredictable some days as well because one day i might be fine and other days ill be really bad but alot of my shifts are early morning and doesnt leave any time to find someone to replace me.
i work 2 days from home but i still work 3 shifts a week in person

Hugs @outlander .

There has been research into the use of mindfulness for chronic pain. 

This is a snippet of the documentary, The Mindfulness Experiment. It really changed my view on mindfulness because I used to detest it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gNFXuiMrck

Go gentle on yourself and take each day as it comes, especially considering how unpredictable your health is at the moment.

Take care,

tyme

thanks @tyme
i have heard that. im really not a mindfullness person though. im not sure why but it almost makes me more stressed. something about forcing myself to relax just doesnt work well for me.
im not to sure why that it is though

@outlander  I'm so sorry about your intense chronic pain...sending wishes that it doesn't become a whole body thing... 💙

thanks @NatureLover i hope not too. just going to take it day by day for now

@outlander 💗💗

i feel like a very worthless person atm. im finding out how replaceable i am. no one talks to me anymore or involves me in anything. it was my pops bday today and i didnt even know they were having a cake for him so i was out and they all had a great time without me and then when i got home i just got growled at saying i missed it all. i seen 2 people on their way out and they didnt really even say hello to me.

cant even come home to my own house now. its been totally taken over

My dearest friend @outlander 

I am sorry this has happened today and continues to happen but you are definitely not worthless…in fact you are valuable and very precious.

I am so grateful to have met you here on the forums. Your friendship helped keep me alive in my early days here and I will always be here for you as will plenty of others. I wish I could just pop over and share a cuppa with you irl but for now a virtual one is coming your way with as much love as I can give you.

💙💙💙🤗💙💙💙

thanks @Eve7 a tea would be nice

im more of a presence now. i dont make a difference. my so called family dont even talk to me now or include me in anything even less then nefore and when i dont attend something i just get growled at.

havent been able to work for a week either so i know my finances will be quite strained now. had to go to hospital for a ruptured cyst and needed some time to recover

hi @Sirius
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance