Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

jaysmum
New Contributor

my daughter

Can someone help me? Im feeling lost and frustrsted.
My daughter is 15. I picked up on her possibly having health issues when she was younger. Things have escalated. I need to talk
5 REPLIES 5
kato
Senior Contributor

Re: my daughter

@jaysmum 

Hello jaysmum,

welcome to the forum, you sound like your in need of some information? and or guidance, some ideas possibly?

what do you need to talk about?

please feel free to respond

I am happy to throw in some info/comments if it helps

Kenny

Welcome @jaysmum

we're all ears, please feel free to share your burden.

Hi @jaysmum 

I just want to echo what the other members have said. Please feel free to share with us. We're here to listen. Smiley Happy

CB

Dear @jaysmum 

Welcome to the forums. It sounds like you've had concerns about your daughter for some time but things are worse now. So sorry somehow we missed you post when you first put it up. Can you tell us more about what's been hapenning?

Getting help for mental health concerns for anyone can feel like a minefield. It seems more so I think with a teenager because of all the hormonal changes happening too, they can be hyper-senstivie about any sniff of what might be regarded as not "normal".

A few general ideas to start with -

the following have quite good websites with lots of info both general and specific on mental health, and are good for teenagers HeadspaceBlack Dog Institute

do you have a good GP or local community health centre, this can also be a good starting point

some services have specific youth clinics, I'm not sure which state you are in but worth looking on Google

I hope these help.

Kindest regards,

Kristin

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance