Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

just treading water... inefficiently

I'm struggling to cope at the moment. There's just no end in sight to so many problems and I feel so alone. I'm scared to reach out to help and scared not to. seems like their only answer is to put me back in hospital to trial new meds but my kids have nowhere to go and are already traumatised enough and i dont want to let them down again. There is just so much pressure in everything, to be a good mum and to survive all this crap that is going on around me and within me. 

How does everyone keep going?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: just treading water... inefficiently

Hi @Former-Member

Sorry to hear that things are tough right now, and that you're feeling alone and overwhelmed. Please know that you're not alone on here. I can't talk on behalf of other members, but what I do see is that many others on here go through intensely dark times, and pull through the other end. In my own experience, I get by knowing that nothing stays the same, happiness and sadness, discomfort and comfort  - it always moves on.

I heard someone say this the other day, 'sometimes the outcome of the challenge is not what we want, but what we need.' I like it because sometimes when I'm struggling with something and feel liketossing things aside,  it helps me to remember that a 'need' that comes out it is learning to sit with discomfort. I don't know if this makes much sense.

I wonder if it possible to see your doctor and or psych soon? Another option that you might want to check out a family support service like Anglicare or the Salvation Army. I don't know exactly what they offer, but I do know that they can provide support to families.

Stay safe,

Cherry

Remember if thigs get overwhelming and you feel at risk call:

Lifeline 13 11 14
Suicide call back service: 1300 659 467
If in immediate danger: 000

Hey @Former-Member

Perhaps you can talk through a medication plan with your go or psychiatrist if you have one? It is very hard when you are a single parent, do you have any family close by that might be able to help out with the children? Sometimes hospitals or a PARC stay can be very beneficial but it isn't easy when you have children to look after. Is there someone who could come and stay a week or so with you just so you can rest better at night, knowing someone else will get up to your littlies? I know when I have any extended periods of no sleep my mental and physical health suffers, and I think you have been having broken sleep for quite some time now...hoping some other members here have some suggestions that may help through this phase...a warm hottie and a silk blanket await you by the fire once your littlies are asleep tonight!

Hi @Former-Member

just checking in, i am concerned about you after reading this post last night, i am just wanting to know that you are ok, i know how hard things can be, and i havethe same thoughts as you and struggle to keep going. reading you post last night sounded like me talking to myself most days.

I am sure your children will give you the strength to keep going, you have so much ahead of you, you are so much stronger than me, you have reached out for help in the past, and i am sure you will now.

please let me know you are ok.

Take Care and i am thinking of you in this tough time

Jacques

Hi,

Thankyou everyone for your replies, its just really hard at the moment sorry to worry you ( @Jacques)

I dont have any family and i've lost my one friend who lives nearby, so no friends close by who can look after the kids. i need to make a gp appt tomorrow and i see my psych on Thurs. Just gotta keep hanging on till then.

LJ

Hi @Former-Member

I am glad you are hanging in their, i know how hard it must be for you, i have no friends and have not had any for 14 years, and have very little contact with family, so i can totally relate.

I will not add more because i am worried i will say the wrong thing to you, all i can offer is some words of encouragement, please let us know how you go tomorrow.

Jacques

@Former-Member

Hi Lisajane, i hope things are faring better for you today, and everything has/is going well, i hope the gp was able to be of some help.

never feel the need to apologise about worrying us, it's not worry, we just care, i know i haven't quite been in touch with your journey, as i have had some stuff going on myself, but you have helped me, and i hope i can help you too, just by being some support.

Sometimes when things are difficult, we need to remember the small things, like taking a five minute moment to concentrate on just taking some deep breaths and focusing on just breathing, i usually find a comfy chair and do it, sometimes it works and i am more calmer/focused? and it helps

it might help

hope to hear from you soon 🙂

Hi @kato and @Jacques  thankyou, i cant get into the gp until next wednesday as mine is booked out and and really dont want to see someone i dont know because i think they'd overreact not knowing me. but might phone back tomorrow and see if theres any ccancellations or something. at least my psych appt is this week.

Its just like there is too much to try and think about at the moment and things i have no control over are all happening, coming up too quickly. I know i can only control me but i i'm so overwhelmed i cant keep up with anything. My little guy is struggling with things and the visits with his dad are hard for him.

Breathing helps and trying to stay grounded and in the moment but i just feel like im drifting off all the time, then find myselfremembering crappy stuff then start the process around again. 

LJ

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance