Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

redhead
Senior Contributor

hospital and stuff

I just got discharged this afternoon after becoming suicidal after the mania crashed and also getting psychotic. I didn't want to go home because I am terrified to go outside because the satellites are reading my thoughts. I also can't stop thinking that my voices are going to attack me. Or worse. I'm scared I'm going to self harm again because I can't cope with this. I hate being so paranoid.
I hate the stupid hospital. Just because I have bpd doesn't mean I can't have any other mental illness. I wish the would stop labelling me as the borderline chick and actually give me some help.
Sorry rant over

5 REPLIES 5

Re: hospital and stuff

Hi @redhead 

That's a really disappointment to hear that you're not getting the support you deserve. Smiley Mad I can totally understand why you feel a need to express your frustration with the system.

I'm glad to see you're on here though reaching out. You're not alone.

Can I ask if you're feeling like you're safe tonight? Have you got people - as well as the forums - that you can support you? If not, I've included some crisis support numbers.

Lifeline 13 11 14
Suicide call back service: 1300 659 467
If in immediate danger: 000

Stay safe,

CB

Hey @redhead 

That sounds really horrible. You are quite right it is entirely possible to have mutliple (co-morbid, in psycho babble) MH conditions. 

I'm sorry to hear you came down so hard, I hope you will gradually improve and get back on your journey. Reading your post reminded me of @BPDBunny 's post here. I thought you might appreciate it if you haven't already read it.

Take care of you, I hope you have some at least one supportive person around. Sending you cyber hugs.

Hope for living on an even keel endures....

Kindest regards,

Kristin

@CherryBomb I pretty much just slept since I got home. I can't face the world atm.

@kristin that post helped thanks. I was diagnosed with BPD 4 and a half years ago. And found there is so much stigma around bpd. I'm lucky to have a good psychiatrist and therapist.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @redhead

Sorry to hear how hard things are at the moment and that you don't feel supported. I'm glad that you have a good psychiatrist and therapist. Keep reaching out to them and explaining how things are for you. Hopefully some things will settle for you soon. It sounds really frightening for you right now, so I'm glad you are able to come here.

Listening and caring,

LJ

@Former-Member thanks. Things are slowly settling down. I see my therapist in the morning so hopefully I'll be able to make some sense of every happening right now.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance