Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

greenpea
Senior Contributor

emails you would like to send to your doctor

Dear Dr

Thank you for seeing me today I wasn't expecting it, it was a very nice surprise. What I haven't been able to articulate until now is how much I want to be punished for what I have done. I don't know how that will be fixed to be honest but I trust you to help me through this until the end. I realise it will be a long process to get over my self loathing and feelings of ending it all.

Sorry to email you I just wanted to say thank you and let you know how much you are helping me..

greenpea
4 REPLIES 4

Re: emails you would like to send to your doctor

Hi @greenpea

Just wanted to say that this is quite an interesting thread you have started - is it a space to share what you would like to be able to say to your doctor or perhaps gratitudes you would like to say to a health professional that has supported you? Or goals you are setting with your health professional?

I like the note you have made to your doctor in regards to being commited to working with them to continue to address some of the difficult feelings. That's sure to be very valuable and it's very positive to be aware of the hard thoughts that you want to try to work on. Having a good relationship with your health professional is great, thank you for sharing. 

Hi @Lauz I have so many things I would like to say to my doctor (pdoc) she is brilliant in so many ways. I thought it could be either a positive thread or a venting thread for people to add to if they wished. It is sometimes hard to get it out at the time of consulation and even then is hard to get it out at all. 

This way it is out and I am hoping it feels better for everyone who ends up writing on it or just reading and thinking about what they would like to say to their health professional but for whatever reason never do.

Dear dr 

i saw you today and didn’t get to tell you about my sh. I’m sorry I just couldn’t tell you. I’m at fault for everything incl my depression. I feel so much hate towards myself. I know you care snd support me so much snd I should have been honest with you. I’m really sorry. 

I trust you now and I want to tell you so maybe next time I see you I’ll tell you. 

I struggle daily I’m crying daily. I think I need to see you agsin soon. 

BlueBay 

Great idea for a thread @greenpea!

Dear Doc,

Half the time I am afraid of telling you what's really on my mind or what I have been experiencing for fear you'll lock me up and throw away the key. Anyway since you don't actually have an email address because you're old school Mr Fax Machine (true story folks!), I thought I'd drop you a line. I have been feeling so much built up anxiety of late I hardly know what to do with myself. It is like the beast within me, almost controlling my every moment and breath. I'd really like you to help me tame Mr Beast. Will you?

Kindest regards,

Q

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance