Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Uggbootdiva
Senior Contributor

depressed AND manic

has anyone else had this? It has got to be the suckiest place to be in. v. difficult to treat I think? and rapid changes of mood. crying then 10 minutes layer talking sooo fast. And you don't get any of the highs of mania or the slothful don't give a crap feeling of depression.

I manage not to cry at work just go hard at my job, but today I was so all over the shop I was shaking a bit. Had to tell everyone I was just cold!!

I seem to always manic in October, my psychiatrist says it is probably due to the increased amount of life and the daylight savings. My goodness that stuffs me up!
Anyone else?

71 REPLIES 71

Re: depressed AND manic

Hi uggbootdiva,
I honestly know exactly that feeling I cant explain it to my psychiatrist he doesn't get what I mean but I dont think highly of him right now as I write this I am wiping tears off my face while my thoughts are bouncing around my head
I have never been shaking and crying and thoughts bouncing too often before but here I am doing it again. ... usually in about ten minutes I will be laughing to myself about something I find funny
hopefully I get sleep tonight I didn't sleep at all last night and had two hours sleep the night before
I dont know if that has anything to do with it we will see if tonight brings sleep for me.
well I can tell you all uf I do tomorrow when this post goes up lol see laughing now
weirdest feeling ever
goodnight amazing people

Hello im like that, been a change in my life and not good on asking for help but I have had too, the constant ups and downs, physically knocking me around alot but I just got to keep going and try and beat its, if its not over sleeping it no sleep and going flat out, waiting to get a phych reveiw

Welcome to the forums @tabby
as I have said before it is a rollercoaster ride of ups and downs witjout knowing what is around the next bend
hope to see you around more

Oh yeah, know it all too well.  I rapid cycle plus I have pre mentrual dysphoria (and a 19 day cycle which the girls will commiserate with lol) which brings with it characteristics similar to bi polar.  A few times a year I hit the jackpot of moods which leave me swinging more wildly than the Melbourne weather.  I've found that when they collide I just have to pull myself back and chill a while till I resync.

Uggbootdeva, you should try living on that island just below v, they say v is the ars.hole of Australia and t is the crap hanging from it, whoever penned that needs a medal. I can sympathise with you about the cying and the weird behaviour that follows. I can just be doing nothing and tears flow uncontrollably then stop. It really sounds like your psych went to the same school as mine.Smiley Frustrated

"Have ever had one of those days where you hate the world? And anything that happens, even dropping your pen, make you want to breakdown and cry." Unknown bright spark.

Those cycling moods can be the biggest pain in the backside..it' s exhausting for everyone..I sometimes think it may even be connected to weather.. Schools in my area have Windy Day timetables because the teachers tell me, kids become very skittish and unpredictable.. And menopause.. Blimey.. Not fun at all..brings a bit of havoc to moods, thinking and physical impact too.

Nowadays, I cry when I cry and I don't worry about it too much..however, music is a real tear inducer for me, so I need to be a bit clued into what I listen to..@kato, @uggbootdiva, @kristin, @jt, @justanother47yr..do you find rapid changes in weather can impact your mood in either direction?

Hi @Alessandra1992 I find that I get head colds when the weather goes feom hot to cold or vice versa, I enjoy the cold and rainy days and I enjoy the sunny hot days..... I think because I like both my mood doesn't change much more then normal it vounces around no matter what lol

I find I get super not sleepy when it is really windy..then I get anxious if I stop sleeping..

@Alessandra1992 Weather totally affects me.

Sunshine lifts my mood - oft too far.

I makes me happy, recalls childhood and summer holidays.

I love rainiy weather, snuggling up staying warm etc.

but don't get manic. don't get depressed either.

Again, windy reminds me of childhood so I really quite like it.

this is the first time I have been off antidepressants (in 15 years) (on a mood stabiliser and a sedative) so my psych and I are veyr interetested to see what happens. I do feel that I am quite manic, but I am also very very teary about everything (not me at all)

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance