Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

coping with "psychosis"

i am not sure what to do meds are not an option as i have tried nearly all of them (my psychiatrist even says there isnt anything left to try) but i am having a hard time i am not even sure if it is psychosis or if it is real but i guess most people would tell me it wasnt but i still think it is real.... 

i am scared because i have been talking with a spirit well more than one they want me to help them with something but they say that there are other bad spirits after me and them because they want to stop us from completing a mission and that these bad spirits are taking on the forms of people around me so that they can watch me and that everyone around me is actually a demon creature who is trying to control me and will hurt me if i am not careful. i am trying to keep focused on other things but this is stressing me out a lot also some of the demon creatures can read my mind and they keep trying to put things in my head as well and i dont know if what i am thinking is them or me sometimes. what should i do i am scared to talk to my psychiatrist because i think he may be one of the demons. sorry this is long. 

12 REPLIES 12

Re: coping with "psychosis"

@Eden1919 Hi Eden1919 🙂 you should definitely discuss what you are experiencing with your psychiatrist. He/she is there to help you not harm you. Also you are doing very well when I had a psychosis (although I know we are all different) I wouldn't have been able to articulate my self as well as you are .... you will be okay just keep reaching out. Call you psychiatrist and make an appointment to see him/her.

@greenpea I have an appointment tomorrow but I am really nervous because I am move so soon and it is my last appointment before that and I don’t want anyone stopping me from moving and also if he is a demon creature then I can’t tell him or he will hurt me they did this before and they are doing it all again cause they want me trapped. And I thought maybe if I just let them keep me here maybe I could just live with it. (By here I mean this dimension I am supposed to be going to another one) but I don’t know that I can not when they scare me it is like waking up and seeing everyone around you is now a robot and then saying you can’t run away. And they have been doing this to me my whole life I just want to cry I don’t feel right and I am trying to pretend so they leave me alone but it is hard. I am just too scared to tell the psychiatrist I don’t know that it is safe.... 

Hi Eden1919

I have had the same thing but let me assure you, people aren’t demons and they can’t control your thoughts. I know it feels like they are but fear lies to us. 

Think about things in the world that are so obviously good that a good God must have created this world. Like the way dogs just adore people and the love that’s in your heart. The love inside you is evidence that you were created by a loving God as evil can’t create love. Say to yourself you are safe and loved and most importantly try not to indulge the scary thoughts and the best thing to help you back to a comfortable state is to say ‘no’ to fear and try to get lots of sleep. Our thoughts get out of control when we lack sleep. Definitely talk to your psychiatrist and if he gives you extra meds take them as they will help you get the rest you need to feel more safe. ❤️

Hey there @Eden1919, greenpea has some excellent advice. You are quite articulate when describing your experience. Hold onto that as it can be a useful weapon when challenging psychotic thinking.

I wish I could add some words of wisdom to the conversation, but since I’m barely functioning myself, I just wanted you to know I am thinking of you.

I am really nervous i am about to go to my appointment and i dont want to tell him i am scared of what will happen and i really dont want to tell him idk i will see what happens. 

How did the appointment go @Eden1919 ? Been wondering how you went.

@Queenie  it was scary i told him some things but not all..... he said he wants to see me again tomorrow and that he was going to contact his senior psychiatrist because he didnt know what to do about meds because he couldnt think of any that i hadnt already tried. i am scared though because i told him i didnt think he was himself and he didnt say anything but now i think that the contacting the other psychiatrist is just him contacting another one of the demons about me and then after the appointment one of the spirits told me that i have to get away because the demons are after me and are going to hurt me and i could also feel the demons trying to get into my head again and they kept telling me to hurt myself. i dont know what to do anymore i am really agitated and i feel really on edge. i am trying to distract myself but i am really scared about tomorrow. i am just trying to listen to music and i went and sat outside in some fresh air but i still feel terrible i dont know who i can trust anymore. 

@Eden1919  sounds tough to cope with my friend. I know what you mean about the meds, I’ve come to the end of the list too. I’m on a new medication and so far so good. I mean yes I struggle but I’m not removed from society by being admitted to hospital. I know what you mean about being confused as to whom to trust, I remember how frightening it was when I was really unwell. I guess the best thing is to not lose hope that these demons will eventually go away. It will take time though. In the meantime, we’re all here ready to listen.

@Queenie  thanks. I have moved cities now and I am very far from home. I don’t know anyone here and I am completely alone. I feel terrible I am still scared everyone is a demon and I am trying really hard to stay calm but it is very hard. I don’t even know what to do anymore. I am safe and all that but very unsettled. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance