Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: bipolar mania onset

@NikNik Not sure really what helped me accept it - probably some rest and being a bit more rational and applying CBT thinking to the struggle. And being more active to burn off the extra energy (a little!). The more days pass being hypomanic the more techniques for passing all the extra hours in the day I remember to practice. Teaching myself to crochet again, listening to more music, started a zentangle, talked to the GP and psychiatrist twice each. A little hope goes a long way.

Hope does amazing things..from the tiniest flicker...well done Eth for seeking help when you needed it..do you think that this time you have been able to spot the hypomania escalating for longer by acting on it so quickly?Great use of self activation recalling all the techniques that work for you and seeing your GP and your Psych.
Big hugs, hi5 or other celebratory you rock vibes!!!

That's so insightful @eth !

I just googled 'zentangle' WOW!!!!! That art form is beautiful!

If you ever feel comfortable sharing your work, feel free to upload a picture of it here

We have a collection starting 🙂

@Alessandra1992 Thankyou. It remains to be seen if I still escalate or if I've nipped it in the bud. Have to travel this Tuesday and be in other people's homes for 2 months (maybe one of the triggers for the episode paradoxically as I'm looking forward to being with family). We'll see!

Will remember - depends on how I feel about sharing when it's done.

Hi eth,
I have to echo the 'zentangles Wow'
That is awesome, I am very artistically challenged I can draw a square pretty good and then make it a cube lol thats about it.

I was re reading a few posts and topics and I realised something, you mentioned that you don't have anyone to talk to there
My parents freak a little when I go on a tangent - yet this forum is a space where we can talk to someone about whatever is going through our mind.

You will always have someone to talk to here, they might take a day to respond but an open ear 'so to speak is very close at hand.
Like minded people sharing like minded thoughts ideas and friendship.
We don't mind if you have depression, anxiety, bi polar, schizophrenia, multiple personality disorder, any of the personality disorders, and all the other fun and wonderful differences in between.
If you have all of them Great! More people to talk to lol I joke.
But in seriousness this forum has helped me realize and recognize the awesomeness of others with similar interests, goals, stories, worries and knowing someone else can relate to what I am going through

You are not alone my friend, ramble on a tangent if you like I will happily ramble with you

@kato I too am not much good at freestyle drawing, that's why I like the structure of the zentangles. Also they are quite meditative, calming when pinging off the roof manically!!

I think I definitely have to try it I am bouncing between stable and as you put pinging of the walls lol
Need something to calm me down currently so I will look into if I can wrap my head around it

Hi Kato.

I read your 'Meds,' post. I take an anti psycho too. I don't know if it helps me to sleep. I do know that if I forget to take it, I don't. And after 14 years I still occasionally forget to take it. Doh.

I've also been prescribed many different types of meds over the years. Only lucking on a good one recently.

Although I do believe that you make your own luck.

My new meds are used to treat a disposition I don't actually have, as is often the case with these things.

Unfortunately, because I don't have a current diagnosis of epilepsy I have to pay off PBS costs.

Although, apparently, the word is Ancient Greek in origin and is thought to mean, as a verb: 'to possess.'

You'd agree that you feel possessed on occasions?

But, as important as medication is, you have to make boring (heal)thy lifestyle choices. Even things like not putting salt on your dinner. There is enough salt in most foods already. And, I believe, there are some medicines used to treat some MI's that arejust about all salt, of a type. Too much salt is bad.

And, try to be nice to your parents. Don't tease them. It's not nice. They are to be respected.

And, you shouldn't be calling Him "Jeez." That's just a bit too familiar. He is also to be respected.

Here endeth the lesson. Go in Peace.

Ohhh fair call on jeez didnt actually place it as shortening of religious meaning. Taken on board

The teasing is in jest and I have always done it out of respect. They know I respect them greatly I didn't for a long time

They know my humour is my way of letting them know that I am well..... when I bounce around like an idiot and don't crack jokes they get concerned

But I will take it on board amd show more respect in the future
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance