Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: back to school nightmare

@Serenity1 :)xx

@Serenity1  you are very welcome.  🙂 

By the way, remember to give yourself credits. You actually got out of your comfort zone to do all those things for your children. You are amazing! Your children are lucky to have you.

Hello @greenpea @CheerBear @Dory 

had the meeting w teacher yesterday & was going good as far as I could tell - except they had a teacher sit in on the appointment- which kept happening when I had appointments w teacher last year & as a direct result of the previous year - grade 1 - when I had my first ever teacher meeting at that school & this particular teacher started verbally abusing me for no apparent reason I was aware of whilst my daughter was in the room- I mean she really was being very very verbally abusive which was scary as it was completely out of the blue & I had done nothing to Deserve that treatment & it was infront of my daughter- I was in shock & when I grabbed my daughters arm to literally drag her out of the room saying I'm going to the office to tell them what has happened - she screamed after us " good! Its ok they already know all about you!"- I was so confused- ( this was two years ago)- so it appears from that particular teacher I have now been blacklisted & cannot have a meeting alone w a teacher ever again at this school- which completely pissed me off- as I knew that the school would believe that teacher in that circumstance & not the parent-as there was no one else present & that's the main thought I had in my head as I dragged my daughter out of the room ( apart from it having a negative affect on her) I know in my heart I did absolutely nothing wrong in that instance & I did not deserve to be treated like that & I still am unsure as to why she behaved that way- it was Really traumatic

the teacher that was verbally abusive two years ago opened the door to my appointment & I saw the class teacher WINK @& NODD her head as if to say yes I know all about me being a trouble parent ( which I'm not)- & how the abusive teacher has twisted it all around- now I have lost all confidence in this teacher & I just want to leave the school all together because I am sick to you know what of being blacklisted for doing absolutely nothing wrong-

its probably where the parents dismissal has started-

& the "popular " mum who spoke to me the other day-

last week I was talking to another mum-( one who is passive aggressive bully- but when she approaches me to speak I am so greatful a parent is speaking to me I engage- even though she next time I see her is bullying me again )- I was talking to her & the popular mum literally stood directly infront of me-blocking me physically from finishing my conversation & started talking to the mum I was talking to-( this exact scenario has happened quite a lot at school for me)- 

this was infront of a large group of parents all seated behind us- we were standing so it was on display. 

My daughter then came up & started gushing over the popular mum like she usually does cos she wears cool clothes- my nose is in the back of her head- I didn't know what to do- everybody was watching- I sidestepped & started gushing over her WITH my daughter ( why I have NO idea- think cos everyone was watching/)- the look on the other mums face was shock & horror- like she could not believe I was gushing after she had been so rude & disrespectful to me-& I can't believe I did that either- I don't know how to handle these situations & I guess I feel I believe I deserve to be treated disrespectfully as that is all IV known my entire life with narcissistic abusive family- & bullying &babies wherever I go-💖💖

**not babies :face_with_rolling_eyes:😁😂 lol don't know what I meant

I just want to leave this school completely 👎👎👎👎

Hi @Serenity1 , 

If meeting went well and things are getting better, then that's a really good thing. Life is really difficult to navigate, even for people who don't have MI like we do. I only recently found out that there's a name for what I have (I have social anxiety disorder). Social interaction, especially face-to-face or on the phone, is like a mine field to me. I always say or do the wrong thing and offend people, without fully knowing what and why. Interactions with people would play over and over in my head in the aftermath. I try not to blame myself nowadays, and just try to figure out where I could improve. I think, that's the only thing we can do. And it's not always our fault or anybody's fault. It can be a total misunderstanding.

There's one time I totally offended a young teenager. I have an auditory problem - slightly deaf and also sometime not being able to interpret the sounds into the right words especially when the context is not clear. My husband told me that I should always ask people to repeat what they said, instead of nod and smile when I don't understand what they have said. I kept asking the teenager to repeat himself. I kept saying, "I'm sorry, I didn't quite hear that." Eventually, he stopped, turned away, looking angry. His sister looked at me resentfully. It turned out, the teenager had a lisp that I failed to notice. I only found out from someone else afterwards. His mother has hated me from that point on, probably decided that I was the most insensitive jerk in the universe. And, it's all a big unfortunate coincidence. So, now, I tell people explicitly that I have a hearing problem. We can only do our best.

Thanks @Dory - oh u poor thing, that's a bit awkward- think I absolutely have social anxiety -as you've just described it perfectly as if I wrote it myself. Thanks for your support!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance