Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

jamesle2015
Senior Contributor

annoying woman

I was at the supermarket today and I needed to get some facial tissues

but there was an elderly woman talking to a bloke and they were blocking...

she was going on about her infected toe and complaining about the covid cluster....

and whatever else she was going on about

looked like they had been there for a while so I asked them if they would mind if I got some

tissues....

the woman - who was wearing a face shield and she was on metal crutches - can't remember

if she had two or only on her left - said 'Wouldn't want you to get a runny nose'

Not much going on upstairs between her ears I reckon....

So I am buying facial tissues because I have a runny nose?

I need them for other things like cleaning my specs after washing them and they are not only

for me they are for other people in the house

She didn't have to say anything all she needed to do was get out of the way...

Why are some people so annoying?

Other people would have realised that they were blocking and would have got out of the way

without anyone telling them.......

5 REPLIES 5

Re: annoying woman

@jamesle2015 

I hear your frustrations and it's in times like this where our patience can run short.

In these times where we are isolated there are some people who find the chat with the check out assistants as there only form of human contact and communication if they live alone. Most shop assistants generally try to discourage the general chit chat.

My dad is the type of person who makes annoying comments like this. He thinks he's being funny and sociable. Maybe some people take it well or find it funny but I don't, and I find it embarrassing to be associated with him when he does it to someone else.

To understand why he's doing it, I think it's a way to cope with his own tension in the situation - if he can make a joke (even though he's not being funny at all) or a silly comment then maybe he thinks it will relax the situation or make it turn out more positive in some way. I dunno.

Sometimes there really is just no need to make further comments. I agree that it would have been more reasonable to apologise and move out of the way so you could get what you needed rather than trying to make a comment about what you were buying.

@jem80 The bloke she was talking to was another customer.......

"Sometimes there really is just no need to make further comments"

I agree. I am the type of person who always makes a mess even messier while trying to explain myself. It's annoying not only to be with such people but to be such a person too. Working on it now.

@sara74  Welcome to the forums.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance