Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Work pressure killing me, seeking advice

Mighty, mighty @aficionado

Don't forget to take time out to debrief and rest your mind. A week till Xmas, so it won't hurt to lay low for a while.

If you want to get your mind off things, there's plenty of social threads here. One I visit each day is; 'Word for the day - Comfort or Play'. It's so much fun finding pic's and words to share. Today's word is 'Chocolate'.

Please take a look-see and maybe join in?

Have a GREAT weekend!

Hope Heart

We'll done!

Based on the other information in your recent responses I've no doubt you'll go from strength to strength.

@Hope4me

Thanks again!

Sorry, I didn't log in for a few days. I had a nasty fall at home, and injured my shoulder and hip. Until now, it was too hard and painful to even sit up and use the computer. But I am feeling a lo better today, and hence am able to get back online.

I will certainly check out those posts you tagged me in. Thanks for accepting me as part of the community!

Nice to hear from you @aficionado 🙂

I'm so sorry about your fall. Are you able to cope at home ok? Hope so...

You're absolutely accepted as part of our community my friend. Please feel welcome to join in wherever you feel comfortable. I'm sure others will be drawn to your intelligence and warmth just as I've been.

Hope to see you around the forum and recovered from your work experiences soon..

Hope Heart

@Hope4me

I am doing fine now, thank you! My body is still a bit sore, but I am gradually getting better.

I am already on my way to recover from the trauma due to my job. In fact, I am now polishing up my resume so that I will be able to seek new jobs once I return from my holiday in mid-February!

Hello @aficionado, @Hope4me, @GoatV2-0, @christofff, @TAB

checking in to see how everyone is today Heart

@Shaz51

Doing much better compared to the day I started this thread. Thanks for asking, and I hope you are doing well too! Cheers!

hi @aficionado,

I hope you are doing well? This advise is probably too late, but this of year is not the best time to look for a new role. If you have a 4 week notice period this will take you through to mid January so the market should have picked up by then.

I work in a pretty high pressured job myself which I think has made my bipolar disorder difficult to identify as when I am in the hypomanic state I actually am one of the highest performers in the company and when I am in the depressed side can delegate to enough people and am well respected enough that people dont seem to notice.

In regards to the interviews I would possibly look at a career coach or counsellor. Unfortunately though these can be very pricey, but if you just need some interview tips there may be someone around who can help.

If you havent resigned already, I would look at the possibility of taking some annual leave and see if you can use that time to attend interviews etc.

Hope that helps and if you need any other advice I am happy to help.

Regards,

Franky.

@FrankyW84

Thanks for chipping in with your suggestions!

Unfortunately (or fortunately), I have already resigned a couple of weeks back, and my last working day is 29th January 2019.

But I have no regrets, though. I have tried the annual leave approach, but it simply didn't work because the company policy was to apply for annual leave at least a week before the date of the leave (even if it was just a day's leave). Hardly any employers are willing to wait that long just to interview a candidate. So it never worked out for me.

I think the main factor that affected my performance in the interviews, was the effort I had to put in just to take time off to attend those interviews. It stressed me out no end, and the lingering feeling of having to go back to m nightmarish workplace if I failed in the interview, and this was enough to ensure that I failed anyway.

All said and done, I am looking forward to seek new jobs from mid-February without having to deal with my current employer, or having to plead with them for time off. If I play the numbers game, applying for attending as many interviews as possible, I should likely make it through in at least one of them.

As I have mentioned in a previous post, I have saved up enough to live without income for up 6 months. But I am setting 3 months as the deadline, after which I will take up some temporary job which will at least help me with my rent and bills (so that I don't run out of all my money).

Hi @aficionado,

Sounds like you have it all in order. The job market usually has regained its momentum by Australia Day.

I hope things start to improve for you with this change. Look forward to seeing your updates as they progress.

Regards,

Franky

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance