Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Mimi-D
New Contributor

Words of support for OCD and anxiety sufferers

To my fellow sufferers,
I understand and sympathise with the pain and torment you suffer on a daily and weekly basis, sometimes it feels neverending.
Whenever I go to the internet I wish I could find this message because
I always search for answers but nothing I find truly helps.
I hope this finds you and that it may help even if it's only for a second.

You are not crazy. You are not going crazy. You will never turn crazy, even though it may feel that way sometimes.

You are not alone. This is not just happening to you. So many people feel and think the way you do.

Those things you think might happen, the things you think you might say or do, are not going to happen.
Just because you think them does not make them true.

I cannot guarantee that they won’t happen but I can guarantee the terrible or fighting things you sometimes think, will not happen by your doing.

They are obsessions for a reason, because they strike fear inside you.

Fear is something you loathe happening, not something you desire.

Therefore even if your thoughts tell you otherwise, these things go against your values, your wants and your desires and are not what you seek out for in life.

You are more moral, more aware, more in touch and more loving than most people in society.

Yet it's hard to think that way.

I want you to know you are loved, accepted and nothing you say to me will ever scare me away, because I guarantee you I've thought it to.

We will get through this.

We may need extra help, support and time.

But light and love are always at the end of the tunnel I promise.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Words of support for OCD and anxiety sufferers

Hello @Mimi-D,

A very warm welcome to the forums, thank you for sharing your experiences with OCD and anxiety symptoms, it sounds like you have a lot of insight and want to share that with others, which is very helpful for many forum members.

There are quite a few members with similar experiences of ocd, such as @Gypsie who has a great thread called 'OCD'

There is also a great thread by @Tyler01 called 'OCD staring / eye contact /peripheral vision' you might like to read through.

We also have some social threads if you would like to introduce yourself here or drop in to say good morning here from time to time 🙂

I look forward to getting to know you better,

Lunar

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance