Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Chris
Senior Contributor

Want to go to sleep

and not wake up. Too much stress. In the middle of medication changes. Rapidly declining. Should of phoned my psyc but didnt. Trying to work though this. She isnt contactable untill Friday. That feels like an eternity away. Im so dumb sometimes.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Want to go to sleep

Hi @Chris, sorry you are going through a rough time. I know how awful medication changes can be. Not sure what other stress is happening for you, but it sounds hard. Would it be so bad to sleep a bit more of the time than usual at present? Depends if you have the space to allow it, I guess. I don't think lots of sleep is advisable generally, especially not if it becomes a habit, as it has with me at times. But for short, acute periods, I personally think it can help. Wishing you well.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Chris
Sorry to hear things are so awful, med changes can mess with you much and so ahrd to adjust!
Friday will come, however slowly... Do you have a gp that you could check in with in between?
Hope things improve quickly for you!

There are four major situations hapening at the moment.  I know i should take a step back, but its like it just goes back and forth between them all.All family related.

Medication came about becuse of being very ill physically. Toxic levels built up. It was stoped then reintroduced  a week later, but the same thing hapened. So stopped again permanently.  Mood swings are bad. Trying to use distraction at the moment,  not working terrible well though. Getting to the point i think i will have to ring the crisis line.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Ringing the crisis line sounds like a good idea with so much going on and having to deal with the meds situation as well! It may also be a good idea to ring the crisis line before things are too overwhelming as well? Don't hold off if you feel like it will help i mean...
It can be really hard to take a step back from things in the moment, I know you've had ongoing tricky situations iwth family for a long time too from your earlier posts a while ago i think...
Glad you are here seeking some support, hope that it helps a little!
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Chris,ccan you do some stress management - walking? meditation? hobby? Swimmong etc? Hangbin there, your body adjusts 💜💕

Hi @Chris,

Just thought I'd check in and see how you are going today? I can see that some of our members gave you some great support here and I hope that helped you. I thought I would also point you in the direction of a few fun threads in case you ever feel like a distraction - do you like crosswords? At the moment we have been learning a bit about how to do a crypic crossword but sometimes we will also play some normal ones here

Or maybe you like cats? This is where most people come and say a nice good morning to start their day!

Smiley Happy Lauz

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance