Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Alpha
New Contributor

Voices

The voices are driving me crazy it won't stop my serequel isn't working I hospital can't leave the house the government is trying to me

70 REPLIES 70
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Voices

Hi @Alpha - welcome to the forums, glad you've found this space to come to! I'm sorry that the voices are being so difficult and meds arent helping!
Its a safe space here and you're not alone 🙂 Some people who have posted about things like this have said that distractions have helped them. Is there anything that you like to do that might help? Watch tv/movie or have a cuppa etc?

Hi @Alpha,

Welcome to the forums, I hope you find them helpful. What sorts of processes do you have in place to help you deal with these voices?

Regards,

Bookworm

Alpha
New Contributor

I don't really have any they are there all the time

Hi @Alpha,

And are you getting any sort of help from a professional about these voices?

my voices

mark- he is older. the aggresive one. loud and abusive one. over my shoulder and in my face all the time, yelling and screaming at me all the time.

kelly-she is 13. she is scared. she deasnt say much. she doesnt like mark. she hates him.

lea- she is 17. she likes to have fun. naughty fun. she wants me doing the bad fun things

lea and mark fight all the time. kelly doesnt get a say in anything. 

since being on my new antipyschotic i dont hear mark anymore, so thats good. i dont hear much lea either but kelly is here now. she is the emotional one who make me cry and makes me scared. but its better than having mark around. i wish kelly wasnt here to but maybe she will go in time when the new meds kick in a bit more

I used to hear voices all day every day with little reprieve. Now I only hear occasional 'chatter'. It does get better, it honestly does. The best thing is to formulate a coping toolbox or a crisis prevention plan. Do you see any professionals like a Case Manager, Psychologist or Social Worker that could assist you with this?

For me, medications only did half a job. I had to undertake (and I am still doing it today) therapy which is suited to me. I find Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT) the best for my situation. It is about learning to recognise distressing thoughts and 'symptoms' and learn to just notice them without judgment and without buying into them. For example, I notice that X voice is telling me distressing things. It puts distance between yourself and what is going but still owning the experience. Allow distressing thoughts and experiences to come and go like the wind is hard work but it is possible. Usually, I am hospitalised for a month every 4-6 months. Since I've done this, yes I've had some rough days but I haven't been in the hospital since the beginning of the year. This is a big achievement for me!

I've put together a Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) by doing the short course on the subject. I've also devised my own coping toolbox along with an early warning system with my Mrs. I use the traffic light system (green is I'm all good, yellow means I am need of a bit of support and red, well red means I need help and possible hospitalisation. 

Voices and paranoia needn't rule your life @Alpha!

Bubbles3
Senior Contributor

Thanks @Queenie. Tht make a lot of sencse 🙂

mark go away

i dont want you here

just leave alone

im going to take more .......... if you dont leave me alone

and then i wont be able to listen to you coz ill be zoned out to put up with your bullsh..t

i prefer kelly to you mark. you can go and f....ck yourself. i dont want to be around you. 

let kelly come back. she is nicer

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance