Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Angels333
Senior Contributor

Very scary but strange incident

Hi all

Last night I choked on my meds. Something became lodged in my throat and it made me trow up anyway as my throat was blocked the sick went into my lungs.

Finally it dislodged as throwing up forced it out of my throat.

I have had an irritated chest all day, and my throat is so sore. I think I now have a chest infection.

I mean fancy choking on my meds 😞
I was throwing up after
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Very scary but strange incident

@Angels333 that sounds like a truly terrifying experience. I am so sorry you had to go through that. Was anyone around to help you last night? Thank god you managed to dislodge it. Your throat may also be irritated from the stomach acids. If your chest continues to hurt and you're feeling worried maybe you could make an appointent to see the GP? You certainly don't deserve to be in any further discomfort. Take it easy today. 

Thanks @Mosaic

It has been an awful couple of days, I am still coughing and wheezing but I am embarrassed to go to the dr's

I'll see my psychiatrist tomorrow and I'll tell him..

hello @Angels333, how are you xx

Take care, sending you hugsHeartHeart

Hi @Shaz51

I am just getting by. I have still avoided SH but I am feeling so low. It's like I've woken from a nightmare only to realise the nightmare is real.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance