Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: To hospital or not to hospital

Hi @Doglover , sending some thoughts and well wishes to you.  I really feel for you and the situation you find yourself in.  I hope things go alright with the phsychologist and he has some positive suggestions for you.  Be open and honest with him.  

Try and be calm, concentrate on your breathing and try to consciously relax your mind and body.  I usually find music puts me in a better place, at least for a time.  You are very strong, enduring and being so resilient like you are.

sorry @Doglover I can't read your post today or help you. I've had a very stressful day at volunteering, the guy I have to work with does racist, homophobic & hateful, unrelenting ranting and I feel very disturbed by it. I can feel my psychotic symptoms returning as a result. It took me 6 weeks to recover last time and I don't have that kind of time now.

Oh im so sorry @BryanaCamp . I wish there was something i could do to help u. Do whatever u need to do to look after u. It was very kind of you to let me know.

Mayb not a question for today, maybe another time when u r feeling better, but cld u consider volunteering somewhr else to get away from this guy? He seems to hav caused u a lot of stress and aingst judging by ur latest post and previous ones. Anyway, just a thought.

My warmest wishes are with u @BryanaCamp . Let me know if theres anything i can do, or if u want to talk, im here.

Hugs 💜

Hi @Gazza75 , thanks so much for ur post and kind thoughts, i rly appreciate it. I was very open with psychologist today, basically it was all about my fears about hospital, concerns about medication ingredients, fears that i wont get better and will get put in the locked ward if i get too agitated, all the sort of things iv posted on this thread. Didnt rly feel like i got much out of it to b honest. I met with my sil for about 45 mins afterwards bcoz she had an apptment with same guy an hour later and i feel like i got more out of that, and that was free! 

Thank u for ur sugggestions re calming myself. I was doing 'mindfulness of the breath' pretty much most the night last night when i cldnt sleep!

Thank u for ur kind and encouraging words. I certainly dont feel any of those things, i feel weak, hopeless, helpless and frightened, but thank u.

I hope u are doing a whole lot better than i am @Gazza75 . Warm wishes to u.

images.jpeg.jpg

teddy bears.jpg

Just a little something to hopefully cheer u up @BryanaCamp .

Hi @Doglover 

I’m sorry to hear how you’re struggling. I spent a week in hospital when everything became too much for me. It did help me at the time because I didn’t have to think about anything that was happening “on the outside”. It gave me a much needed retreat. What I did notice though once inside the psych ward is that there is an acute psych ward and sub acute psych ward. The nurses station was located in between the two. I was thankful that I was placed in the sub acute side because it was less confronting than the patients in the acute side. I was there in April. It’s now the end of June and unfortunately I’m still not back at work and I struggle everyday. I know it must be tiring for you, as it is for me. But I keep thinking this has to pass eventually. Nothing ever stays the same. This is the hope I’m carrying, one step at a time. 

Hi @Doglover just passing by to say Hi and to see how you are today. Hope today has been ok for you 

Hey @Doglover, sounds like you've had quite a big couple of days. How are you feeling today?  Heart

Hi @Sad2 ,

Thank u for sharing ur experience with me. I am glad ur time in hospital was beneficial for u. 

I think its rly important what u mentioned about the different areas with different level of severity of patient's conditions. Thats not something that our public hospital has and i believe to its detriment and to the detriment of the patients. It wld  b far better to hav ppl of significant severity  of  condition separated from those who r not in that same place. It can b very frightening and confronting otherwise. That has been my experience when i spent 2 days as a sort of inpatient but not really. I was freaked out the whole time. Everyone was lumped in together no matter what thr condition and it was rly quite frightening.

Im sorry to hear that u r still struggling and not able to b back at work yet. I understand how challenging that can b. I hav bn off since november last year and hav found the whole process very frustrating, particularly the not getting better part!

Im glad u still hav hope. There are many ppl on here that hav bn in terrible states with thr mental health but that are now able to work and live a functioning life - so there is hope. 

I hope u hav some good supports around u, and that u hav found support and encouragement on this site also. There are many wonderful ppl here that r only too happy to share of their experiences provide support.

Take care @Sad2  my thoughts r with u.

Hi @Doglover 

i’m sorry you had such an upsetting and frightening experience in hospital. Do you have friends & family around you to give you support? I’ve found that that’s what’s helping me get through this. I do believe we can get through this, as stronger, more resilient people. And yes, this forum has been a great help for me. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance