Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Chris
Senior Contributor

Tiss the season to be jolly - well maybe not!

It all started a week or so ago with all this cooking. Cant believe how everything has gone wrong every step of the way. Now family -unexpected son and two small granddaughters for two days.exhausted from that.Then a phone call from son number two, were coming up tomorrow(from interstate) till Sunday.Long talk with him today on our own,leaves me wondering what happened to our close relationship. Dad is his priority right now.feeling sad.Big blow up at father in laws with son in law, he is moving out. granddaughter rings me crying her heart out her family is splitting up,and she flies to America in a week with this hanging over her.Daughter upset with all this happening, as its an on going problem. But what do you do with a stubborn 92yr old who doesn't think he has done anything wrong.Big day tomorrow with 17 for lunch (not at my place thank goodness) Then more visitors Friday.Saturday may be quiet. Sunday big family get together at sons place.I tell you I am all out of physical and emotional energy. I have the shakes the runs cant breath.Surely nothing else can happen.sorry to vent.Don't feel like I cant take anything else going wrong

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Tiss the season to be jolly - well maybe not!

@Chris 

Hello Chris,

Strewth! what a grab bag of triggering, exhausting, frustrating incidences.

If you gotta do it then try to remember to be kind to you.

Bugger off and get time alone when needed. 

If all goes pearshaped try the underpants on the head and singing showtunes trick. Guaranteed to either drive away the stress or the family.

I hope truly hope your Christmas turns out to be joyful.

Don't forget to write if you need it.

Bless you

rick

Re: Tiss the season to be jolly - well maybe not!

What @Rick said! 

Sorry to hear that things have been so stressful for you.  You sound pretty tense right now, are you ok?

I find when things start to pile up and I'm adding them on top of each other, it makes it all seem like a mountain. Instead, I try to view them as seperate new events. I try and shake of tension, frustration and pain from each event as best I can (talk it out, vent, go for a walk, exercise) and view each struggle as if they were isolated events. It helps me see things as little molehills rather than a whole mountain, if that makes sense? 

As Rick said, keep writing. If you find that things become too much and you want immediate support. You can call:

The Salvo Care Line 1300 36 32 32

Lifeline 13 11 14

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance