Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Supporting an already Depressed Partner through Cancer diagnosis

gosh ... what do you do, when they refuse propper care and insist they are doing fine on their own?  But you know they're not!,, @Former-Member sending you knowing hugs my friend , my mum says she is not going back to hospital -- even with me living up the road from my mum , she still wants to be in control of her life

sooo Independent she is , runs in our family , my great gran was the same still living at home at 95

It wouls be good to suggest not drinking with the meds and see if there is a difference , I know it is hard as mr shaz is down to having 2 litres of wine a week now

at this time when soo much is on my friend @Former-Member, it is soo easy to forget ourselves , we overthink and worry which is totally nomal

my ex neigbour has a dog just like Holly called Dolly , I will ask her about dolly`s arthritis 

walking with you my friend xoxofriends.png

So much going on for you @Former-Member I am not surprised you are having headspins - just thinking about your parents and your hubby would be doing that to you mentally - let alone the physical symptoms you have. Might be a good idea to see your gp about it Hon - that is not normal under any circustances.

I think you do so well under immense pressure from so many angles - you need to look after yourself in all this too sweet @Former-Member. Remember to lean on us here when you need as well - we may not be able to be there in person to help you but we are with you in spirit.

Sending you much love and huge hugs Heart

Dearest @Former-Member

I’ll have to come back another time. I’m feeling so uptight this afternoon after shopping, but I just wanted you to know that am really sorry to hear what you’re going through. 

Big hugs 🤗💜💖

Thanks for tagging me. 👍😘

Hi @Former-Member.  Yes I tagged you, but please do not feel obliged to respond.  I do not want to overwhelm you.  I just wasnt sure if you knew of this thread on the carers side of the forums.  And I tend to alternate between this carers thread and my own PTSD thread on the 'far side'. Woman LOL  I dont seem to be able to concentrate on both at the same time.  Woman Frustrated

Sorry you're feeling uptight after shopping.  Are you able to find some time to devote to self care tonight, or over the weekend perhaps?

Sherry Heart

I’m happy for you to tag me @Former-Member

I would like to keep in touch with you.

Deep breathing my way through, thanks. 💜

I probably won’t be far away if you want to chat @Former-Member

Words are few, but ok to be here if you need me. 

🌷🌸🌺

I might not answer/read straight away, but will when I can. @Former-Member 💖

Continuing sending gentle thoughts your way @Former-Member

thinking of you and sending hug @Former-Member HeartHeart

• @Former-Member I'm squinting through a magnifier so mistakes might come through. I wonder if your dizzy head is due to low BP. Have you had it checked recently. As for hubby and your parents, your hands are full. I can't write much atm, but sending a pet rock to sit with you and Holly. Warm thoughts as always.
  • image.jpeg
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance