Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Supporting a partner in a crisis

@Shaz51  has been such a rock for this forum, anchoring and we have both seen that constant concerned presence @Jacques 

Heart

Smiley Happy

Have you been in the garden lately @Jacques 

yes @Appleblossom  @Shaz51 is such an amazing person, such a vital part of this wonderful forum. 

actually yes @Appleblossom i have 🙂 i have planted 2 boganvillia's but i lost them for some reason, but i have what is called crazy dasies that are doing amazing. it is so hard to keep everything alive right now because of the heavy water restrictions. 

Ohhh yes @Jacques  you made the wonderful outdoor chair

@Appleblossom , @eth  , @Former-Member 

@

Gardening has a way of talking to us. Some things thrive, and we have to let other things go.

@Jacques I lost a creeper this year that I had been coaxing along but it really needed too much water and the right light.  Tomorrow a gardener is coming to help trim the tall stuff that I cant get to.  I wanted privacy and all my fences are over flowing ....lol ... but enough is enough .. I dont want the fences to fall down.

Smiley Happy

yes that is so true @Appleblossom  it is a way to slow things down and appreciate what we have around us.

im so glad you are getting help for parts of the garden you can't get too, i have just taken out 8 lime light trees, they got too overgrown and too hard to keep going, it opened up myyard so much, it made me too scared to go out there at first, but now it is nice to see out further than my own yard, maybe a small step for me to enjoy something other than my own yard 🙂

@Jacques 

That was lovely to hear that you are looking forward to experience beyond your backyard.  I know you have a big one, but somehow making one's own decisions and seeing natural consequences allows a deeper settling and working through of life issues and we feel more free. 

Heart

Lovely you are doing another boat.

Heart

Whooopsie I am UP at far too late an hour.  Red Face ... lol Smiley Embarassed

Thinking of you this morning @Jacques  and hoping today is one of the better ones for you and your partner.

@Former-Member @Shaz51 @Appleblossom i think i have lost a friend tonight, we have been best friends for 6 years, tonight they told me they where going to take there own life. i tried everything to stop them, but they would not let me help. 

im so devistated

Hi Jacques,

My name is Buddy13 and I am one of the forum moderators. Sorry to hear of your difficult time with your friend tonight. If you have concerns for their safety please don't hesitate to contact 000 and let them know your concerns. Based on your description of your interactions with your friend the person answering your call will be able to assess the risk and take appropriate action if needed. 

Kind Regards

Buddy13

Checking in @Jacques 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance