Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

Struggling

I am really really struggling at the moment everything is a mess and I have screwed up badly and I am not coping with uni and I am just hardly functioning at all. It is taking all I have just to keep up with basic hygiene stuff at the moment and despite wanting to get others stuff done badly I just can’t and I don’t know why. I feel completely useless and exhausted and hopeless. I have been agitated all afternoon and it isn’t settling down now certain things are happening which I won’t go into but they are getting intense and idk what to do. Everything is too overwhelming and I am struggling to even take care of myself. 

24 REPLIES 24
AEB
Senior Contributor

Re: Struggling

@Eden1919  Ok first you need to take some deep breathes! It’s ok to be struggling and you are at least putting it out there that you are struggling. Is there someone who you trust that you can call and talk to about how are you feeling? I’m struggling too but I’m pretty isolated so I can’t do much. 

Life can be really hard sometimes but you have to take it one step at a time. Just be kind and gentle with yourself. Wake up each morning and tell yourself I got this. Set yourself small goals each day, taking little steps forward each day. Reach out to people around you. 

Hi @Eden1919 

I'm one of the moderators here tonight, 

Things don't seem going well  for you tonight. I'm sorry to hear that. 

It's really good that you have come here and share how you are feeling on the forums. 

I'm sending you a private message, lets stay in touch. 

Rocky Pug 

So sorry to hear, @Eden1919 ...sending you gentle hugs, and hoping things improve for you soon, and you feel stronger to cope with all that you need to do...

@Eden1919 

I hear your struggles and it can be stressful going through uni.

It might be a good idea to see a doctor to get a check up to see if there is anything that needs to be looked at and if any additional supports like a psychologist is needed.

maybe some mindfulness may help with some breathing techniques and to take things one step at a time.

Look at taking care of your hygiene first and maybe look at creating some basic self care routines.

@AEB @rockypug @NatureLover @jem80  thanks everyone I have tried resting and taking it easy and not putting pressure on myself and setting small goals and mindfulness but nothing is working. Literally nothing is helping, my psychologist doesn’t know what to do I have tried everything I can but I just can’t manage uni is not going well at all I am so far behind and I haven’t been able to do any work for weeks. I am hearing things more often and sometimes seeing things and I have been getting paranoid about certain things that I don’t feel confident to talk about here at the moment but it is scaring me. I really don’t know what to do I am trying my hardest but it isn’t enough. 

I have no answers, but I feel for you, @Eden1919 ...

Are you still managing to take your medication? I know that's hard for you...

AEB
Senior Contributor

@Eden1919  Maybe you need to take some time off from uni and just concentrate on you

@AEB  That isn’t really an option.

@NatureLover  I am taking one but have stopped another the side effects were too much and I couldn’t stand it anymore I am trying it is just too hard. 

@Eden1919 wrote:

@NatureLover  I am taking one but have stopped another the side effects were too much and I couldn’t stand it anymore I am trying it is just too hard. 

Good on you for still taking one, as I'm aware of how high your distress levels are when you're not taking any medication, from previous posts, @Eden1919 ... 

Do your MH treating team know you've stopped one of the medications? 

Thinking of you...

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance