Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

JekkylandHyde
Contributor

Struggling

Hi im in need of a psychiatric hospital in brisbane. Im not coping mentally with unnatural thoughts. Any help would be great

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Struggling

@JekkylandHyde  Hi JekkylandHyde and welcome to the forum. My suggestion is to ring for a ambulance discuss you issues with them and ask to be taken to your nearest mental health ward at a public hospital near you. You will be assessed there and if they feel there is a need they will admit you for observation.  Best to go my ambulance I think you get taken more seriously imho. Let us know how you go. peax

@JekkylandHyde 

I would definitely agree with my forum friend @greenpea 

Call an ambulance and get them to take you to hospital. That way you can get yourself assessed, be in a safe and supported environment and be referred on to the right services or stay as an inpatient and be treated by the mental health team. All the very best to you. And well done for reaching out.

@JekkylandHyde

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling. Have you thought about going to your nearest emergency department if you think an ambulance is too much, that's how I usually get admitted when I'm struggling with that kind of thing.
Or another way is to go see your GP who can refer you to the correct services.

Did you want to talk about anything while you wait. We are here to listen no judgement. I think it's so brave you reached out to us.

Are you safe at the moment?

Hi, thank you for the support.  I was having a hypermanic episode which I some times get aggressive.  This wasn't anything to do with self harm but rather the opposite and I was scared I was going to do something  terrible.  After countless hours of my brain constantly turning, i chose to try and meditate it out.  P.s im bipolar type 2 and was diagnosed 7 years ago. I take daily meds but dont see a psych which I believe i need to do to try and control violent urges.  Once again thank you so much. This is the first time I have actually reached out.

hi @JekkylandHyde , thank you for your post, it made me feel less alone in a world that is heartless and uncaring. I hope you'll post again on the forum.

I hope you get the treatment you want & psych helps. I have a lot of rage and dark thoughts. People always hate me for that. It was a comfort to hear of your agression and violent urges, nice to know I'm not the only one. My meds don't do much for me.

Did you go to hospital?

Hi BryanaCamp.

I didn't go to hospital, I dealt with it the only way I know how.  That is to shut myself in my room and shut everyone out of my life for the time being.  It's certainly a struggle waking up every day not knowing who I am going to be.  I drink in excess to feel somthing different, which in turn brings out a dark side in me.  To feel completely hopeless and at a loss to what my life may bring constantly drives me insane and drives me to drink more or abuse other substances.

Ive sat on this forum for a while but hate to talk about my feeling, my struggles and my vices.  Its a somber feeling that others feel the same way as me.

Hi @JekkylandHyde 

I'm sorry to hear how hard it is for you right now.

I'm glad you found the forum.

It has been wonderful for me to hear from so many people who share both their struggles, and victories, big and small.

Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you and you have done well to reach out. It took me 2 years to check out the forum from when I first thought about it!

Thank you frog, every reply gives me some glimmer of hope albeit the glitter on a cheerleaders eyelashes, an elaborate misdirection of what is actually happening and an outcome that has been all but set in stone

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance