Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Meowsy
Contributor

Struggling

Hi, 

I have been struggling a little for a while not getting enough sleep and stuff like that, but it should be better soon with some changes that will happening in my life. However, I recently had to leave work and am now missing another day due to stress. A loved one rang me in a bad state, and I could handle that ok I thought, but I ended up leaving work to go try and help because I started shaking and almost crying and couldn't concentrate. The part of this that is stressing me out is that they asked me not to tell anybody else. I"m really struggling with not doing that and it's causing my life distress now when everything was going good for me. They have already done this to other loved ones as well, and they are just causing everyone distress and causing worry. I asked several times if they can please go see someone to get help, but they won't. I am having symptoms I haven't had for a long time today, I'm not going into work, already missed half a day pay over it, and I can't even talk to my main support person because I was begged not to do it. I'm dizzy, can't see straight, barely slept and was crying alot which I also have not done in a long time. I don't know what to do.

Thank you for reading this.
Kind regards, 
Meowsy

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Struggling

Hey @Meowsy it sounds like things are challenging for you atm having to hold this persons confidence. Good on you for posting within the forum to get extra support for yourself and in the meantime is there someone else you might be able to confide in? Keep well Iris (moderator)

@Iris, yes I could talk to my partner when he is awake. I'm feeling a bit better now after getting some sleep. I just don't know if I'll be able to keep this all to myself if something else happens, because they really need help, but now they've begged me to not tell anyone. Ever since I was diagnosed everyone tries to relate to my condition (which is lovely because it shows that they care and support me and it makes me feel a bit more normal) but they are not quite experiencing the same things as me and it becomes hard for me to talk to them in some aspects, I think that's what the struggle is. 

Hi @Meowsy seems like you may be fairly new to the forum, so welcome. Smiley Happy

Sounds like your loved one who has confided in you and worried others in a similar way is having mental health crisis? If that person not wanting to live is part of it, that could be very stressful and hard to emotionally deal with, especially the burden of secrecy. But I do not know enough of your situation there.

I would say that no matter what the details of things, the way it has affected you is too much. Hope you have had a chance to talk to your partner. Good to hear some sleep has helped you. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance