Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Doglover
Senior Contributor

Still struggling!!!

Have reposted this as i accidentally posted it before i was finished and after editing it ended up down the queue. Thank u to those who hav supported my original post. Hope me reposting doesnt confuse things!

Hi to all and greetings to those who hav communicated with me in the past. I hav bn awol for a while, partly coz its just so frustrating trying to post on here on my phone as i cant fix typos and it keeps crashing, and i cant copy n paste from another location, so it just got too hard to reply to everyones msgs. But i do appreciate them so plz msg! And plz pardon the text speak and typos.

Also i hav bn struggling all this time. I just dont know what to do nemore. No matter what 'they' do nothing seems to help, if it does its only a little and only for a few days, then all my symptoms ramp up again! Still hav the terrible head symptoms and feeling of internal burning thruout my head and body. Constantly, its always thr, and its torture. Nobody seems to b able to help me. Frankly i just want someone to put me out of my misery! 

I hav tried compounded meds due to my concern about fillers in meds not agreeing with me and actually causing some of the problems but they still hav to use an excipient - took the compounded meds for 2 days and the burning sensations went thru the roof and my mind was even more hyper stimulated than normal so unfortunately, what i had hoped might help get me out of this mess is not going to! Bcoz of my history, as some of u will know, i strongly believe i am hyper sensitive to some of the ingredients in the meds but no one believes me, and even if they did it wldnt matter bcoz i have tried the alternative (compounded meds) and they just made me worse! So here i am, a month or two after my last posting, with anxiety and related symptoms still totally inadequately managed, and they want to reduce the meds that ur only supposed to b on for a short time (which my body is now addicted to!), but my anxiety and all the horrible symptoms r not even controlled!! I know nobody can really giv me ne answers, just looking for some support and reassurance i guess. 

Oh, and i do hav 1 question - has anyone bn admitted to hospital, either public or private, and found that it was a beneficial experience, that it did help u, and that u did come out the better for it?

Thanks all in advance. I wish u all well on you MH recovery journey.

Best wishes,

Doglover

59 REPLIES 59

Still struggling!!!

Hi to all and greetings to those who hav communicated with me in the past. I hav bn awol for a while, partly coz its just so frustrating trying to post on here on my phone as i cant fix typos and it keeps crashing, and i cant copy n paste from another location, so it just got too hard to reply to everyones msgs. But i do appreciate them so plz msg! And plz pardon the text speak and typos.

Also i hav bn struggling all this time. I just dont know what to do nemore. No matter what 'they' do nothing seems to help, if it does its only a little and only for a few days, then all my symptoms ramp up again! Still hav the terrible head symptoms and feeling of internal burning thruout my head and body. Constantly, its always thr, and its torture. Nobody seems to b able to help me. Frankly i just want someone to put me out of my misery! 

I hav tried compounded meds due to my concern about fillers in meds not agreeing with me and actually causing some of the problems but they still hav to use an excipient - took the compounded meds for 2 days and the burning sensations went thru the roof and my mind was even more hyper stimulated than normal so unfortunately, what i had hoped might help get me out of this mess is not going to! Bcoz of my history, as some of u will know, i strongly believe i am hyper sensitive to some of the ingredients in the meds but no one believes me, and even if they did it wldnt matter bcoz i have tried the alternative (compounded meds) and they just made me worse! So here i am, a month or two after my last posting, with anxiety and related symptoms still totally inadequately managed, and they want to reduce the meds that ur only supposed to b on for a short time (which my body is now addicted to!), but my anxiety and all the horrible symptoms r not even controlled!! I know nobody can really giv me ne answers, just looking for some support and reassurance i guess. 

Oh, and i do hav 1 question - has anyone bn admitted to hospital, either public or private, and found that it was a beneficial experience, that it did help u, and that u did come out the better for it?

Thanks all in advance. I wish u all well on you MH recovery journey.

Best wishes,

Doglover

Re: Still struggling!!!

@Doglover  hello i am not sure i am a non biased source on this topic but i too have found meds only made me worse so i just have to stay off them personally. you could very well be sensitive to them actually there is apperantly a DNA test that can be done that is supposed to say which meds are most likely to give you side effects but it does cost a bit of money and not all doctors do them. as for hospital i would stear clear of public unless you are REALLY out of other options they tend to be very med focused and not a lot of listening to the patient focused so even if you have side effects they just say it will go away and dont really listen or that has been my experience. provate hospitals are mostly better on the listening side but it still depends on the doctor. but if you had to go with one i would go private if you can. still i have not found hospital helpful at all both private or public but i know some people who have found private helpful not so much public though. also as for the burning is it a physical burning feeling? because if it is have you been checked for nervous system/ auto immune problems? there are physical conditions that dont come up in usual screening tests that can cause burning feelings..... just a thought though. i hope you find something to help you soon. 

hi @Eden1919, i got ur reply and really appreciated it, and sent a lengthy reply back but they hav both disappeared. I have contacted the moderators and am just waiting to hear whether it was my post or urs, and what the language was that wasnt appropriate. I certainly dont want to disobey any of the community guidelines!

Hi @Eden1919 ,

I rly appreciated ur post. It was some of the things said about public hospitals that was deemed inappropriate. Wld it be possible to repost without the negative stuff about public hospitals as there was some very valuable stuff in your post that i would like to re-respond to and get your further thoughts on. Im hoping that wont be too much of a pain.

@Doglover  i cant remember exactly what i said before and i havent recieved and email as to why it was taken down considereing all i said was my experience and opinion and clearly stated that it was just that and nothing more. but hey thats censorship for you. as such i probably cant give you an honest reply so perhaps someone else who will give you a rosey picture on the subject will be able to answer. i just dont feel comfortable replying if it isnt my honest opinion and it seems that is not allowed. sorry also if this gets taken down as well i will be very confused because i havent said anything against the guidlines. 

Hi @Eden1919 

I have just sent you an email and thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Kind regards

Sylvester

SANE Moderator

@Sylvester  i am sorry but i have read the guidlines and my post did not in my opinion break the guidlines at all. this is getting very frustrating and if you want people to be able to stick to the guidlines then make them more specific unless the intent is to keep them incredibly vauge so that you can take posts down whenever you feel you want to. (i am not saying you personally) but how on earth is someone supposed to follow rules that are so open for inerpretation that any peorsn who reads them would think something different. 

@Doglover  sorry fro bringing this onto your thread. 

Thanks @Shaz51  for your support.

I cant remember a lot of what u wrote either @Eden1919 , or what i wrote! Shame. But i do remember u asking about the burning sensations,and i replied that yes they r physical, like my head and body is burning internally, obviously its not but feels like it is. The head is the worst, its just horrible. U mentioned about possibly something to do with the immune system or nervous system causing it. Am hoping u can elaborate on anything u know about it. Im desperate so ne help is appreciated.

Thank you and sorry i cant write the rest of my reply bcoz i dont know what i said!

By the way @Eden1919 , i rly appreciate ur openness and honesty in answering my questions in your post that got taken down. I reached out for honest responses to a question bcoz of some concerns i had and you gave me that, so thank you. Doglover

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance