Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Staying Safe

Hi @Former-Member

Sadly we have just been to the funeral of gf’s mother. Was gut wrenching to see photos of my son and her mum together knowing they are both now gone and only in a short amount of time. We continue step by step and want to support gf through this horrible time.

Son with diagnosed mh is starting to question his medication and is frustrated by the slow process of seeing psych through community health. Was able to get him to appt afternoon of the funeral instead of following day. Now only on one med which was increased. We see someone who is stable currently without highs or lows but he feels flat. Trying to explain this could be the process of grief.  Also unless there is honesty with the dr they can’t help. We are happy he is questioning and are encouraging him to research and seek out a new psych, have provided some resources for him. After two years this is quite a big change from someone in denial. We go forth gingerly but glad it is the right direction.

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @WinterSun

Checking in.

Hi @Former-Member

Thanks for checking in. We are about to start second 8 week suicide survivors course. It’s helpful to do as people understand being in the same situation.

Son working we are trying to locate new psych needing Sat appts. Only sometimes compliant with meds but gaining insight. So though we are still on slippery ground is a step forward after two years.

Been a long year. 

thinking of you @WinterSun and sending hugs your way HeartHeart

hello @MavisMae, @Former-Member

Former-Member
Not applicable

@WinterSun

How are things going?

Hi @Former-Member

Just completed out of the shadows walk for those lost to suicide and to raise awareness. Son had seventeen people who he meant so much to walk for him. 

The loss of him is starting to bite deep as we pass through birthdays and other dates. Hard to push on past the despair some days.

Other son continues with work we are grateful for that. Hours are hard to make appts with CH so have booked with private psych for Sat appts. First visit in a few weeks hope he gets on with new dr and that dr is open to family interaction. Afterall, we want the same result.

Former-Member
Not applicable

To have seventeen people walk for your son is beautiful  @WinterSun.   I can only imagine the depth of grief.  

Do you think other son is starting to realise his BP needs to be managed? From what I gather some but not all private psychs are less amenable to including family, you will find your son will need to give specific permission. Without this permission pdoc can receive information but not give it.  

Keeping you in thoughts and prayers.

Darcy

Hi @Former-Member

I think after two years it’s finally clearing of the mind enough to have insight. He doesn’t agree he’s bi polar is verbalising it as depression. Probably grief. As an outsider looking in the current med is working. He is stable, gaining insight and more his old self. So we will see.

I know psych drs vary A LOT. My husband had two private ones that were useless and the current one in the public system has been the best and open to the interaction of me in treatment.

I know it varies between drs. That is the first thing I will need to establish as my son is not open about symptoms and we have gotten further with treatment based on our observations.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@WinterSun

How are you going?

Hi @Former-Member

Thanks for asking. We had new psych dr appt. Son is seeing private doctor who was a dr  seen previously in public hospital admission. Son recognised him but dr didn’t know him. 

Went ok and he is open to us contacting him if we have concerns so that is a big plus.

We continue day by day.

How are you and Mr Darcy?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance