Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

BobS
New Contributor

So alone

I live with aspergers, and it is difficult for me to understand if people like me so hence I would like to die.
6 REPLIES 6
NikNik
Senior Contributor

Re: So alone

Hi @BobS

I'm really glad you have posted for the first time 🙂

As I mentioned in the email, it's really important to reach out to a crisis service if you are at immediate risk of harm. Here are the details again:

Lifeline: 13 11 14 or Crisis Chat
Suicide call back service: 1300 659 467 or online counselling
Mensline 1300 789 978
If in immediate danger: 000

We are unable to offer crisis support, but If you're looking to connect with others you've come to the right place!

So hold tight, I'm sure other members will jump in and say hi soon 🙂

In the meantime, have a look around the forums and get to know the community.

Take care,

Nik

Hi @BobS,

It's great that you have posted here because there are quite a few of us on this forum who have wanted to die because of our 'condition', even if that hasn't been Aspergers. I'm bipolar and have been in that lonely dark place in the past. It might help you to talk more about your life and situation so that others can respond more to what's going on around your current feelings, perhaps share some of their own experiences and possible advice in return. Again, a warm welcome to the forum and hope you keep posting and letting us know how you are. Wishing you well.

Welcome @BobS

Hi @BobS !

You are never alone, we are all here to support you!

How are you going?

Zahlia

I have felt like that at times @BobS.  But it is usually a sign of loneliness. I am finding it helpful to just start talking about what is going on for me ... and people on the forum can respond... then gradually we get a feeling of "liking" ...

You can read some of the sort of things I deal with on posts here .

But we are all different. What are your interests.

Hi @BobS,

Welcome to the forums! I hope you find this a welcoming and friendly place where you can make contact with others - push that isolation back a little.

I just wanted to chime in that I was recently diagnosed with ASD myself, and like you struggle with knowing how other people feel about me. It can lead to me being paranoid and anxious a lot as I don't really understand the 'rules' by which relationships are played, and so have very little awareness of when I am breaking them.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance