Forums Home

Lived Experience Forum

Acceptance, connection, support. Share the journey.

Safe, anonymous discussion for people living with mental illness, moderated 24/7 by mental health professionals.

Read the community guidelines
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Somethingโ€™s not right

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Serendipity ๐Ÿ’–

I just went to have blood taken & the lovely nurse started opening up about how her mother had passed away last week and explaining to me the process of her death-

how She felt she was guided there that day instead of her usual activities to be present to help her 92 year old mother cross over-

she explained how she was presenting with signs of dying & that the nurses there didn't notice - so she was able to help her mum- being a nurse & alert them-

- she explained how her mother started to become agitated & showed me the actions she was making & then explained how her mother then started to call out to her grandfather, her daddy, & other deceased members of her family & that she was no longer in this realm she was seeing her deceased relatives -& when she had whispered in her mums ear she was no longer hearing her 

it was really special for her to share this with me- I felt extremely blessed & honoured .

espescially since I (& my daughte)-was kept away from my mother when she was dying of cancer-by her husband, my "step father" who is an evil NARCISSIT - so I was unable to shower my mother with love & comfort & ease her into the next realm - I was also unable to be there for my daughters father when he passed away 2months after my mother- because being from a different country- he was at his place of birth & it happened so quickly being brain cancer- my daughter & I were unable to say goodbye to him or be there to show him comfort & love also. These two things were great losses to my daughter & I - so hearing this nurse tell me of her story was Really touching & I appreciated it. It made me cry & she said " oh sorry I should not be talking about myself "- I told her- " no this is how WE ( society) SHOULD be talking to each other" & I thanked her for sharing. 

Honestly that was the most honest, pure & lovely interaction I have had with a human since I can't remember when.  (Apart from the amazing ppl on this site )

I think I was guided to her to hear her story today, just like she was guided to be with her mother- because it was only 2 hours previous I was crying in my shower feeling the depths of despair- thinking " I don't want to be here anymore " " I don't want to feel like this anymore" & feeling such deep deep depression *I am safe & not thinking of harming myself *

the nurse told me what she went through with her mother had changed the way she thought about spirituality & I was so happy to hear that- & our conversation reminded me of my own spirituality. Which IV been neglecting-

After I left I had a really great msg left on my voicemail. 

Hopefully things are Looking up & I can drag myself out of this pit of depression & isolation- fingers crossed ๐Ÿ™Œ

Thanks for listening ๐Ÿ’–

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Serendipity ๐Ÿ’–

@Serenity1, that's a lovely story and an so glad you shared it with us. It was definitely meant to be and the lady shared it with the right person, she must have senses something as I doubt it is something you would open up to anyone about 

I really hope it is something you can keep in your heart and mind when you are feeling down. 

It's the nicest thing I have heard in some time  Thanks again. 

Take care ๐Ÿ˜Šโค๏ธ

thanks for sharing @Serenity1
sounds like a really lovely conversation you had with the nurse.

Welcome to the forum @Serenity1  even though sometimes the reason we post may not be easy or comfortable.

LIke @Gazza75  and @outlander  I found your sharing about the nurse beautiful.  It does not take away from all the grief I hear in your post that you did not elaborate about. 

I hope you find more peace in your future, and serenity like your name.

Smiley Happy

For urgent assistance, call: