Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Anastasia
Community Guide

Seeking insight, help, knowledge please

Hello to my friends and family here. I am hoping for some insight and knowledge around voices that my boy hears. If you live with this yourself I would be grateful for a chat if that is ok? Thank you in advance x

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Seeking insight, help, knowledge please

Hey @Anastasia i dont experience this myself but i know others have.

@Queenie @greenpea could you offer advice here?

Thanks beautiful. I did think of our pea but didn't want to tag in case shed prefer not to divulge x

@outlander 

@Anastasia , are they internal or external voices that he hears?

Hello @Former-Member 

External. Very real 😔

Dear @Anastasia

When I was psychotic I was hearing voices, some of them were frightening. Don't be afraid of talking about the voices with him. It can be very lonely when nobody listens. He may need to talk to a GP. 

Hi @Schitzo 

I haven't seen you of late, Happy New Year. Thank you for your message, I appreciate it very much.

We openly talk about it, usual he will tell me if we are together at the time. What I am really trying to figure out is if they are acceptable "breakthrough" symptoms (they are daily) or if his medication needs adjusting. They are always nasty and threatening. It makes me sad that he is experiencing this and I really don't think that he should have to live with them daily? Perhaps that is "normal" I am trying to understand, he has spoken to his pdoc who suggested an increase in his AP in the morning but that would then not allow him to drive and further impact his quality of lifei so he is understandably reluctant to adjust his meds. oes that make sense?

Good morning @Anastasia. You know my story and I just wanted to share an informative website with you. Hearing-voices.org. Sending love ❤️ 

Yes thank you @Krishna - I will duck there now.

Just want the very best quality of life for him. He is in a pretty black place right now and I really feel that it is as a result of these dreaded voices. Oh I wish for a miracle. Sending you love and light beautiful girl xox

Dear @Anastasia,  yes, that makes perfect sense. My old anti psychotic medication made me a zombie so I understand where he is coming from, but I am worried if it isn't treated it may get worse. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance