Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Scared and alone

I use to love reading. Not too long ago I would read a book every couple days. I have a kindle and would download book after book however atm I cannot concentrate long enough to even get through a page. I would read it and have no idea what I just read. Reading use to be a good distraction for me. 😞

Its ok @Lee82 im much the same. I dont read books as much now but i can study. Kind of strange really. I hpe that one day we can all get back to doing the things we love one day

It seems like things will never get back to normality. Although I don't think things have ever been normal for me. But hope keeps us going so hope is all I have. 

We just have to keep building our lives @Lee82 when we loose interest in everything we normally would like to do sometimes we have to look at other things to try out

I don't know if I am alone in this but for some reason all my thoughts seem to be always negative. I feel I can't see any positives and if I try to see positives my mind just overrides it to think negatively. Any ideas why my mind seems to go straight to the negatives? 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Lee82 ,  you definitely aren't alone in that. Even if I manage to see the good it is quickly turned into some thing negative. 

I have to try and focus on getting through the day, then the night and then the next day and so on. 

Hope you have a better day today

Hi @Lee82 

How are you? 

Hi @oceangirl I am hanging in there. I am just trying to keep my anxiety at bay atm. How are you? 

You're doing great. I'm hoping to get some exercise in tomorrow. Hope you're winding down for bed. I'm good, thanks for asking. @Lee82 

Great to hear you are doing well @oceangirl . I am about to hop in the shower and try calm my anxiety down. I am feeling a little better tonight then I was last night which is a positive 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance