Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Lemonjuice
Senior Contributor

Saying goodbye to my therapist.

Hi everyone, 

On Tuesday is my last day of therapy with my therapist.  We have been working together through a charity organization for two years but he is going into private practice and it's too expensive for me to follow him.  He has organized for me to see someone else when a therapist becomes available, with the same group but I don't think I will continue.  I have told him I would, just so as to make him feel ok about going.  I was going to apply to the NDIS so that I might continue to see him, but I don't have the energy, strength, or memory to apply.  

It's been an alround crappy year, surgery, illnesses, gained weight, dog died, aunt died, study problems, nephew has had issues that effected us, we've run out of money several times, mum's dementia is getting worse and now this, just to top it of.  Go on, say it, pretty please, may I have permission to die now?  So over this. 

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Saying goodbye to my therapist.

Hi @Lemonjuice,

I am so sorry to hear that you have been through so much in general, let alone this year, i can only imagine how tough and painful it must be especially with the prosect of doing it without the person you have trusted for so long. But I am worried about you asking permission to die, are you planning to kill yourself?

If you are please dont go though this alone, please call one of the helplines like Lifeline: 13 11 14 or Crisis ChatSuicide call back service: 1300 659 467 or If you are in immediate danger call 000. Ill email you too

I'm fine. Thanks.

Hi @Lemonjuice my psychologist has just recently moved on so I am seeing a new psychologist this coming Tuesday. All I can say is to try out the new psychologist out if you don't like him/her go looking for another one. I have found there are quite alot to choose from .... also definitely and do the ndis I know getting the energy at times is hard when you are feeling bad but it would be worth it.

So sorry you have had such a crap year.  Hoping your 2019 is a wonderful year for you. Love greenpea

Hi @Lemonjuice

Sorry to hear you've had such a tough year. I think it might be worthwhile trying the new therapist and see if you connect. And perhaps try for the support with NDIS. I hope next year is easier for you and your family. Keep your chin up. 

@Lemonjuice - you have had a tough year. No you can't die yet,  but you can cry and let out those emotions. 

Leaving a therapist when it's not your choice is hard.  I know when it happened to me , I didn't know if I would like the new psychologist or click with her.  And that caused me unnessasary anxiety. 

I hope you can manage to work through this change,  gently. 

I didn't end up seeing him today, he called in sick.  Good!  He got my cold! 😉😜

Lol

@Lemonjuice

You have got a great sense of humour.

Smiley Happy

Take Care

Lol, the only thing I have left.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance