Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Serenity1
Senior Contributor

SH

I tried to SH to get rid of the feelings- I have not SH in such a long time- it has always helped to make me feel better-
In the past, it has always taken away the mental pain by focusing my Attention on the physical pain- therefore stopping the mental pain. It used to give me a huge high - because I was so relieved to be free of the non-stop mental pain- it made me feel high & relieved.
This time I don't even feel it- it is like my leg is not attached to my body or the essence of me-it has not helped relieve me of any mental pain - there is no high, no happiness to be free- no relief.
I barely even feel it. It has not helped at all. I have no ideas left. It hasn't got anything to do with suicide. I just feel numb. The only thing that ever helped me- that I was holding off on doing- has not helped at all.

15 REPLIES 15

Re: SH

@Serenity1 

@Serenity1  Maybe it is a good thing that the SH did not distract enough from your other worries, as sometimes it can get dangerous and be hard to recover from physically.

I read your other post about Shame and guilt. It sounds as if you were carrying a huge load.  It took a long time before I could really face some of my behaviours and be kind enough to myself to forgive them.

I just kept returning to metta ... the buddhist loving kindness meditation ... it was the only that worked for me . .. tho something else might help you.

Take Care and Hugz

Smiley Happy

Serenity1
Senior Contributor

Thankyou @Applleblossom
Serenity1
Senior Contributor

@Appleblossom Thankyou I will look into metta- I think I would like it by the sounds of it.
I have not ever done anything too dangerous , as I am a wuss & luckily surface SH has given relief in the past. Not this time tho-
if I can recover from this difficult period-I know I can get through anything. I just don't know if I am strong enough to get through it tho -& if it breaks me, I feel it will break me completely. So I'm not very hopeful atm. But have moments of hope 💖

@Serenity1 

Just walking with you.

Fear can be paralysing.

Simply taking next step is a good way to go.

Also napping and marking time when that is needed as well.

Smiley Happy

Serenity1
Senior Contributor

Thankyou @Appleblossom 😘

The 24/7 nature of parenting needs more attention.

Give yourself lots of self care. @Serenity1 

I gave myself a hard time for long time.

Cant say I am good at that but I am doing my research and learning about it too, often from people on here.

Smiley Happy

Serenity1
Senior Contributor

I'm sorry I don't understand what you mean about the 24/7 nature of parenting @Appleblossom

Just the being on call all the time adds a level of stress. Particularly if there is no other support or a sense of a village around the mother and child.

Serenity1
Senior Contributor

I'm sorry I don't understand what you mean about the 24/7 nature of parenting -needing more attention - i meant to say @Appleblossom
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance