Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

LowLowSuperLOW
Casual Contributor

Relapse

Hi all, i relapsed on ice three days ago after being totally clean for almost 4 yrs. I didnt want to do it yet felt i couldnt avoid it. Im just so exhausted spending every waking moment trying to stay sober. I have complex ptsd and bi polar. Cant seem to get medicated or prop diagnosis. If you can believe this ,i asked my doctor for a mental health care plan several times and was never provided with one. Sick of being so sick n unwell yet completely ignored by professionals. I just rot on the couch and feel im losing more n more of me everyday.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Relapse

@LowLowSuperLOW  Welcome to the forums.

I’m sorry you have relapsed. It’s disappointing after 4 years of being off ice.

I would suggest trying to see another Dr for a mental health care plan. You are entitled to the help you deserve, being ignored is not professional at all. I don’t know if going to ED would be helpful. Just a thought.

I’m glad you have reached out here. You will find understanding and caring folk.

Listening and hoping something works out for you.

Daisy82
Casual Contributor

Hi @LowLowSuperLOW 

As humans beings we are so harsh on ourselves so I want to take the positives out of your story and congratulate you on your almost 4yr sobriety. 

Remember you are only human and falling off the bandwagon doesn't make you any less of an amazing person that you truly are. 

I would definitely go and see another Dr, keep seeing one that will help you and take the time to listen. They are out there.

Keep fighting and checking back in here, to let us know how you are doing. 

I believe in you. 

Take Care 

Thank you Maggie, for reaching out. Your kindness is touching me deeply. I cried when i read your words. Wish i could hug you. Thanks mate xxxx

Thank you Daisy82 and bless you for taking the time to respond. Im reaching out here bc i feel i have absolutely no where else to turn. I didnt expect an answer.

So i appreciate you more than you could ever know. Thank you xxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance