Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Please Help?

There's so much going on and I have no one to talk to. My mother is sick of mental disorders, so I can't talk to her about anything, I don't have a therapist or people I can rely on and I have no idea what's normal or not and which things are real or not real. It's all really confusing, and I have no one to look out for me anymore. 

There's the shadow people, the weird irrational worries, the voices in my head, the losing time, the sudden and unexplained mood swings, the random intrusive thoughts and the need to do certian things that I don't have to do. I don't get any help for any of the things, because no one lets me write it down and no one actually cares about what I'm going through. I'm barely a teenager, but I've been fending for myself since I was six. I don't know how to interact with society anymore, I don't know how I'm supposed to act for certain people or why people get mad at me for doing my own washing even though I'm a kid. No one acknowledges the trauma I've been through, and when they do they don't actually care or just tell me to get over it. 

I feel like I don't have a family anymore, since everyone's moved on with new families, and most people don't actually want me around. What do I do? Are there any coping strategies? I feel like there's so many things that aren't normal about me, but it's too much for everyone else to deal with. 

4 REPLIES 4
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Please Help?

Hey @Former-Member, it sounds like you're experiencing some intense feelings at the moment Heart Sending lots of support your way 💐

If you'd like someone to reach out to, you can try contacting our counselling team by phone (1800 18 7263) or online chat. You can also book a phone call at a time that suits you. 

Take very good care, you deserve all the support in the world 😊

Hi @Former-Member 

I can identify with a little of what you are going through, my teenage years were a struggle also. And I know how lonely it feels to have a family not be there for you and having to look after yourself from a very early age. My family dismissed everything about me when I was your age as well. I know how painful that is and want you to know you are worthy of much love and support. 
Your trauma and feelings are very real and you obviously have a lot of intelligence, strength and courage to share your story. 
Is there a trusted teacher, school councillor or parent of a close friend you could talk to? One thing I have learned over the years (I'm 52) is that family isn't always DNA. Family are the people who love and respect you unconditionally for who you are. If your own family will not provide that, then surround yourself with people who will. 
Keep yourself safe and try and get some help. 
Sending you much love and support. 
BB 🐰❤️

@Former-Member 

Hello thetesorosystem

I noticed your note from yesterday and wanted to send a note back your way before I go to bed.

You have mentioned that you have no-one to talk with and I wondered if you might like to talk with me.

If you'd be happy to tell me a little about yourself, then likewise we can talk a bit about where I am at. Maybe we can help each other.

You've mentioned not really knowing what's normal, about shadow people and voices in your head, mood swings, sudden or random thoughts, as well as doing things that you don't think that you need to do. I can tell you that I have more of a problem with not doing the things that I need to do. I am familiar with the mood swings and the weird irrational worries and losing time. I don't really know if the reasons for those situations are the same for me as for you. But we can still talk about what the similarities are for each of us, and see where that leads.

I understand from what you have written that you are in your teenage years and have been having to look after yourself pretty much since you were aged about 6. That puts me at the other end of the age range between you and me. If that is not a problem for you, I'd be happy to catch up and talk about what's going on for you. It's a two-way thing so I can tell you a bit about where I'm coming from as well.

I'll be out tomorrow till about 6.00 pm Eastern States time and home most of Sunday.

If you'd like to drop me a note we can try to arrange a time or simply reply to each other's notes.

I'd be happy to hear from you and hope we can talk with each other.

Cheers

HenryX

@Former-Member  Hi I am sorry you have so much going on for you.... I just wanted to check you say you are barely a teenager are you 18 or over because (and correct me if I am wrong @Former-Member ) these forums are for people who are 18 or over. anyway I see shadow people and hear voices and it sucks big time it can be really scary but you arent alone with that. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance