Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Kyle1
Senior Contributor

Playing On The Tracks

"I thought I saw a light at the end of the tunnel, but it was just another train"

Gosh, i never knew I liked trains so much!..

I was cautious, too. Without being paranoid. Or crippled by fear. I took another small step into the darkened corridor of chance and...whop!

47 REPLIES 47
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Playing On The Tracks

Hi @Kyle1 

There will be light at the end of the tunnel.

Keep going.

Dont stop.

Remember your progress because it is these trials that you will be able to help others overcome with their journey.

Try and celebrate the short steps.

@Kyle1 I haven't responded because, so often, I can't tell when you're speaking from your current situation or being poetic. 🤔

I hope you're doing alright. 

🤔 yeah, I guess I was. Can't help it, seems... @Historylover 

I was talking about dipping my toes into social waters once again. 

Maybe too soon.

All in good time, @Kyle1. Perhaps you should look into developing your love of poetry. It seems to be natural part of your identity. Are there courses you can do? 

many years ago @Historylover I would 'study' writing styles and poetic form with our beloved YouTube. 

It was pretty handy! 

Can I lean on you a little tonight?..

I've fallen ill and haven't slept in two days and now I'm really feeling like the handles are falling off. Thankfully I got the groceries and dinner sorted already. 

Ive laid in bed most of the day. I'm morose. Confused. Scared (about life in general)...My head feels like a grenade went off in there.

If I can't sleep tonight...I don't know.

Last night I laid there listening to sleep hypnosis all the while, and that didn't work a jot.

Any tips?

yes, I think you're right @Former-Member 

It's a thing worth trying over.

@Kyle1, sorry to hear you’ve fallen ill and haven’t been sleeping. I know there is a lot out there for sleep hygiene. I just tend to do a combination of self soothing stuff, take meds and wear amber glasses

yeah, I've tried all that. Even the meds did nothing... @creative_writer 

I'm in a pickle to be sure

@Kyle1, I don’t really know, sorry 😔, but I am sitting with you 💖🫂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance