Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

mikarlarose
New Contributor

OCD struggle

In the last few days my OCD and intrusive thoughts have gotten really bad and I'm struggling. I can barely sleep, eat or do anything or even remember anything coherently. I know I have no intent on my thoughts or impulses but I have to do my compulsions anyways just in case. It was like a switch where it just got really bad. Any help would be great thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Re: OCD struggle

Hi

I wonder whether this podcast episode on OCD might be helpful. It also has a link to a clinical handout on strategies for easing OCD.

I can imagine how you are feeling because i suffer with it also, everytime im noticing a specific trigger, i take a moment to scan my energy and ask what am i feeling? I learnt this from a book i read that said when your beginning to feel like your out of control and your thoughts are turning dark, close your eyes and imagine yourself going into outer slace, and 'hovering' over the earth. This exercise is called hovering, showing you that your problems are so small compared to the greatness of the world, i love this exercise aswell as really turning in towards how your breathing, breath in, hold for 10 secs and release.

@WT28 @mikarlarose @chrismac 

A warm welcome to the three of you to the SANE forums. Just a tip on posting; if you put a @ symbol immediately before the member's name they will get a notification about your post. This is a neat way to let a member know. As I have done for you.

cheers

Whitehawk

@WT28 @mikarlarose @chrismac  Welcome to the forums.

You can find info and threads related to OCD that might be helpful.

Its good to see you here. Feel free to join in anywhere. 

Hi and welcome, @mikarlarose , it's good you've joined, where people can understand what you're going through. 

@mikarlarose wrote:

In the last few days my OCD and intrusive thoughts have gotten really bad and I'm struggling. I can barely sleep, eat or do anything or even remember anything coherently.

I'm really sorry to hear, this, you must be going through an awful time. 😞

I have OCD too, mine takes the form of germophobia. what form does yours take? (There's no need to answer if you'd prefer to keep it private)

I'm wondering if you have any professional support for your OCD...like maybe a supportive GP, psychologist or psychiatrist, or maybe meds?

I know my meds make it easier to handle my OCD and bring it down to a manageable level that I can live with every day. I've also managed to reduce my cleaning rituals to less than they were before, which is good as OCD is so time consuming and exhausting.

You can type OCD into the search bar, if you want to find threads on OCD...

All the best, @mikarlarose  🙂

I also wanted to welcome @chrismac  and @WT28 ! Good to have you here. 🙂

@WT28  that is really interesting, the information about 'hovering'...I would like to try it...thank you. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance