Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not sure what to do !!!

thank you @Owlunar    @Appleblossom  sending you both tnder hugs xoxo

you are my strenght in my lfe thank you my friends xoxoxoxo

Thank you @Ali11 

I rode my RD 400 motorbike to visit him from other side of town, do dinner, sleep the night and then go to work and then someone else did the next night.  and we rotated it round, he had a lot of kids etc ... I was the oldest and only grandchild involved, but I guess it has brought home the level of lack of care, I and my siblings had from the extended family.  Were they judgemental cos I rode a motorbike, who knows.  I was taking reponsibility and living within my means without anybody's help. So now I guess its thumbs down at them .... 

Yep stories can help with identity ... @Owlunar 

My father's parents and their stories were lost to him and the later generations, apart from snippets gained from family history research.  Dad never knew them and I had more access to files cos of changing legislation.

My mother and grandmother were not big talkers so that grandfather's stories were the only sense of oral family history I had.  My brother and sister who suicided were still in their foster families at the time .. so they did not have that groundedness ... I benefitted from ....and by the time they were looking for it and I tried to share with them .... they were already too disturbed for anything to help them.

@Appleblossom ❤❤❤

Thanks @outlander 

Heart

Well maybe they were not too disturbed, maybe the services were just not up to it.

HeartSmiley SadSmiley Frustrated

@Appleblossom hugs and hugs xo

You have made a difference for me @outlander 

.... you perservere ....and are kind and caring.

Heart

Time to listen to music on that other thread. and let @Shaz51 have a good night.

Heart

youve made a difference for me too @Appleblossom ❤❤❤

@outlander 

Heart

Sometimes it takes time.

I do hope things ease up and imporve for you soon ...

Rest WellRest WellIsabel & Basil - Hunt.jpeg

The motorbike must've been a fun way to get across town as well @Appleblossom. Losing the stories of our families only takes a generation, it's quite sad. A lot is recorded now of course, but older generation stories are fascinating, searching old newspaper websites is interesting sometimes in that regard. Sorry to hear about the timing with trying to reconnect with your siblings, it must've been incredibly difficult seeing family suffer and not be able to help them Smiley Sad

i like seeing your pics @Appleblossom
thank you, im just doing what everyone else does-survive but live where we can xo
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance